No announcement yet.

Did your first chair suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aahhhgggg......too big...too slow...too granny.....was unsafe to use in less than a year.....what a piece of crap....but now i've had my bulletproof 222se for over a year n i'm just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
      Experience is a brutal teacher, what did you learn?
      How did it suck? I can not recall the ways, but my best of "bad momemts" was it popping fuses while going up a ramp of sorts and I rolled out into the road between classes. In the cold rain, ... in January. Nobody around for 20 minutes.

I learned no man is or should be an island in the rain.

Comment

My first chair was a loaner from my rehab hospital. I'm not sure that anyone could use it. The axel was all the way back and if you sneezed in it you would use the tippers, that's without abs being a T4. My PT put 16lbs of weight on the front to keep me from killing myself, but it still wanted to flip very easily. Here's a pic of it.
        "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down

Comment

my first snapped into neutral in the median crossing the street.......after 45 minutes of waving at every car going by, someone figured i was'nt sitting in 95 degree heat waving to be friendly......i hated that chair ...p.o.s.

Comment

mine was a piece of junk quikie 2 folder, what a joke. pt's are fucking idiots. i see nothing has change between now and 18 years ago when i got hurt.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

oh yea...suck aint the word. quickie gpv, 16x18, 70 degree front angle, 2 inches dump, jay2 back.

i know this is why my back is screwed, my body is trained to lean forward instead of sittin up straight, i tore off my big toe nail from my feet stickin out too far. i cannot even begin to count the ways that chair sucked.

Comment

I was measured slouching for my 1st chair, so it came with the seat being too long, so I couldnt sit with my hips up in it. Otherwise it was ok and great source of fancy parts to put on the chair I measured and ordered myself. You should have seen the loaner turd I was stuck with for a few months (why is it that when you self order you get it in 20 days, but the pro's take months even w/insurance approval?). This turd was an Invalidcare POS (I forget the real model designation ), swing away footrests at something like a 50 degree angle, plastic spoke wheels w/solid tires, and downright nasty. At least the PT was very apologetic when she introduced that heap to me (I was using a TiLite TR in rehab, a little small, but I liked it)

Comment

My first chair was a tank! A folding Rolls that weighed in around 58 pounds. I spent my first two years at college tooling around in that beast. I don't know how I pushed the places I did. Have to say tho, I could down hill in that puppy like nobody's business. It would do a great powerslide when I locked up one wheel.

After that was a Quadra for about 15 years. Didn't want to get out of it. Now I'm in a Quickie GP and I like it best of all. Just recently broke the back on it. That was a first.
                  Cheers,

Gc.
                  "Life is full of froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone.
                  Kindness for another's trouble, courage for your own."

Comment

8% perfect? 92% over all retard/rip-off Health care sux. Devo people love this, so Devo people can retard SCI.

Comment

Don't mean to hijack this topic, and perhaps I am naive. Do the CC moderators take a topic like this, and the ton of good feedback it generates, and write the various OT boards or federations with this info? In rehab, I got to see so many OTs that were fresh out of school who learned on the job that it made me shake my head whenever I had to ask them a question because I knew they had no training whatsoever to answer me with.

It would be sad for this type of information to not get addressed through an umbrella organization that is charged with certifying all these OT schools and programs.

Comment

I have a quickie folding chair and it works fine for me, but I haven't experienced any other chairs because im fairly new. Are they like the bottom of the barrel?

Comment

No such system exists, felieh. We're not scientific but I reckon our poll results are more real world than the material an OT program uses. It's a good idea.
                          Blog:
                          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                            IYou should have seen the loaner turd I was stuck with for a few months (why is it that when you self order you get it in 20 days, but the pro's take months even w/insurance approval?). This turd was an Invalidcare POS (I forget the real model designation ), swing away footrests at something like a 50 degree angle, plastic spoke wheels w/solid tires, and downright nasty.
                            Ha - when I was 12 my loaner was an old heavy E&J! My first chair was perfect .. never had another one like it. I suppose in the rehab centre they were used to ordering properly .. not so in the medical stores. This chair I have now is the worst one .. I have to wait 3 more years or buy one on my own (even with my own insurance). I'll have to see if I can find a picture somewhere.
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

my first chair was perfect, one of the first quickies sold 3digit ser#. havnt had a chair fit right since.

currently have a ti, my next one will be quikie or anything but ti

Comment

Just graduating to my first manual chair you guys are giving me some great ideas on what not to get. Thanks
                                Last edited by loco; 3 Aug 2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X