Kuschall K3 wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuschall K3 wheelchair

have you checked out the kuschall K3 yet. it looks cool and i kinda like how my feet would be tucked and not have to worry about banging them up. i wonder how stable this chair is. Let me know what you think

K3

Kuschall

Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Josh S.

That does look cool, and I don't think stability would be a big deal... maybe going downhill though? The leg angle is pretty tight for an everyday chair & transfers might be weird (where to put your feet - up "high" on the tube? maybe in front?), but otherwise it'd be a fun chair to try..

Comment

I dont like the looks of that at all, if you fell, you might end up with a broken leg.
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

looks more like a tennis chair. i wouldnt want my feet trapped like that in my everyday chair. my rugby chair traps my feet but thats a whole different animal

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

didn't think of it that way... yup, now it looks stupid to me for an everyday chair.

Comment

I don't like it at all, its ugly too. I liked the old kuschall though with the 142 degree front (pictured below). Wonder why they dont make a more similar one anymore.

Comment

ok, so what do yall think of the airlite pro? they say its as light as 14 lbs

The K4 AirLite Pro...........
              The lightest wheelchair ever at an unbelievable 7.9kg.

This compact rigid frame wheelchair, offers the same great features and is ideal for very active users longing for more freedom and independence.

LIGHTNESS AND GRACE

Thanks to a titanium seat module and a carbon axle, the weight of the AirLite Pro has been signifcantly reduced and made it the lightest adjustable wheelchair on the market.
              The user will be comforted to find the same kuschall quality and stability in this graceful new companion.

MOBILITY THROUGH INNOVATION
              It is very simple:The higher the degree of mobility, the higher the level of independence.
              Exceptional manoeuverability linked with a remarkable rolling performance, easy adjustment and incredible light weight, ensures AirLite Pro will meet the highest of expectations.

Josh S.

Josh S.

Comment

Id be scared of going over backwards in it and having your feet slide up around the front wheel and get stuck..can you say buggered?

~~Somewhere between happiness and sadness,i need calculate,what creates my own madness~~

Comment

doesn't the low plaement of the seat make it harder to transfer? I would assume you'd just have to go over the wheels each time?

Nonetheless we understood each other on other levels of madness... Kerouac

An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stevens:

ok, so what do yall think of the airlite pro? they say its as light as 14 lbs

The K4 AirLite Pro...........
                    The lightest wheelchair ever at an unbelievable 7.9kg.

I have a lighter one,Panthera U2. I have tried the K4 and I think it is heavy compared to mine

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by feisty:

doesn't the low plaement of the seat make it harder to transfer? I would assume you'd just have to go over the wheels each time?

Nonetheless we understood each other on other levels of madness... Kerouac
                      thats the way most high end ultralights are set up. the lower your center of gravity the easier the chair to manuever. you get used to transfering out of it quickly, its not hard

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com
                      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I'm getting the airlite pro...it was/is a very nice chair.
                        Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Emi: please email me at joshstevens7@yahoo.com and let me know how you like your airlite pro. i will be getting a new chair in a few months and looking at this one.. thanks

Josh S.

Josh S.

Comment

The only problem I could see is th estability. Leaning forward and to the sid...say to p[ick something up could be a problem. Try it and if you don't tip, it would be neat. The leg placement doesn't bother me. I don't have a strap behind my legs, so if I went over backwards the same thing would happen any way. The seat doesn't need to be that low, but it's common and transfers aren't a problem for people that do it like that.

jOE
                            jOE
                            www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                            X