No announcement yet.

what do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck, if you get anything with bucket seats make sure you check out the Menox hand controls, very slick looking, very nice to use, and they take up very little room, as far as I'm concerned there is no other way to go in a car.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Scion TC? Thats a good looking little car. If I can shove my large a$$ into one it would be a great 2nd car. The doors are huge on the coupe. (I'm not sure if they come in a sedan or H/B model)

Dave
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod
        Buck, if you get anything with bucket seats make sure you check out the Menox hand controls, very slick looking, very nice to use, and they take up very little room, as far as I'm concerned there is no other way to go in a car.
        Very good, I'll look into those. I'm considering right hand controls,
        I would imagine they make controls for either side. Thank you.
        Word to your mother

Comment

Hand controls

Here is mine (right hand - revolver grip). Leif

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
            Here is mine (right hand - revolver grip). Leif

Off topic!
            The picture of you showing off your skiis? Where is that from? Makes my legs itch. Damn it!
            Originally posted by paolocipolla
            Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Comment

Originally posted by Solan
              Off topic!
              The picture of you showing off your skiis? Where is that from? Makes my legs itch. Damn it!
              It’s from Blackcomb Whistler in BC Canada – damn it Solan, you made my legs start to itch as well

The slopes behind me are named "7th heaven" by the way – what a name?
              Last edited by Leif; 13 Jan 2006, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I might have ask this before but have you tried skiing after your injury? I'm getting my sitski in a month or so and then it's back up into the mountain to try to learn to ski again. If all else fails then I'll just stick to after skiing
                Originally posted by paolocipolla
                Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Comment

Solan - I’m still in the after skiing modus LOL – Haven’t tried sitski and doubt I will do so, not to interested, well at this point that is. But I’m very happy for you that you will do so if that is what you want – great “thumbs up” – please report back on how everything goes. And as you say you could always stick to the after skiing if it fails but I doubt it will. With our injury levels and what I know about sitski I think you will do fine. Just be careful so it will not be another sitSCI - Leif

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_Nasty
                    Very good, I'll look into those. I'm considering right hand controls,
                    I would imagine they make controls for either side. Thank you.
                    Nope I don't see how the menox controls would work on the left side, unlike most they are mounted on the floor and would be a pretty major nuisence for transfers if they were on the left, but seeing as you're looking for right handers you'd love em

Comment

Originally posted by Jessecj7
                      i get into it by myself, but its a bitch. its even more of a bitch loading my chair, its such a tight fit because my chairs dont recline, and the roll cage gets in the way too.
                      I bet! Whats the height difference between your chair and the jeeps seat?

Hey Chris,same question to you...How do you get up into that scout?

Comment

just b/c Chris hasn't replied... he has one of those Bruno seat mechanisms that swivels out & lowers outside of the Scout for the transfer.

I OTOH put a w/c lift in the rear of a Jeep to get in, chair & all, & then transfer to the driver's seat from inside. I'm on 35" shoes + anywhere between 2-9" of adjustable vehicle lift.
                        Last edited by -scott-; 14 Jan 2006, 12:16 AM.

Comment

2002 Jeep Wrangler

We Get Around 160" Of Snow Each Year So If Your Going To Go 4 Wheel Drive Is A Must ,i Hunt Right Out Of It ..,in 3 Years 4 Deer 3 With Crossbow 1 By Rifle. Back Seat Comes Out And I Can Reach Everything In It.the Doors Will Fold Flush To Front Fender Makes It Easy Going From Ele Cart To Jeep.its Great Going Topless, All In All Its Cool But Not As Cool As My 1967 Mustang!!!!

Comment

Shaun, etc.

The Toyota and the Scout are the same setup. Basically I roll up to driver's side and unlatch the TAS (Bruno seat, www.bruno.com) seat and swivel it out to its locked position. Then, using one of the two hand controls I lower the seat to about chair height. I then transfer to the seat and pull my cushion on to my lap. I then take the other remote and activate the swingarm in the bed. The arm comes out and I then drop the loading strap to seat level and use a T-bar with an internal bungee across the frame of my chair where the cushion would be. Ok, now the chair is secure, up she goes reversing the process. Swing it in to the bed and lower it. The downward control then allows the force of the arm to hold the chair tight. Then I raise myself up, unlock the swivel, rotate the chair in and then it automatically locks again. I put the cushion behind me, strap on the seatbelt and away we go.

Now, although the above sounds somewhat cumbersome it really isn't. The entire process is about 2-3 mins depending and for me is really a function of the chain drive system - it's only as fast as it is. I'm guessing because its designed to hold a 300lb chair and person that's why its a little slow for my taste. It is durable however and fits my needs. I've looked into re-programming or re-designing the unit but never really pursued it. The other issue, two remotes, is a little tedious (those wacky frenchmen) but again, I've adjusted. I think the most up to date versions combine the two?

I've posted some pics of the scout setup because its doorless and topless and easier to see..please let me know if you have any questions.

The first photo shows the seat descended and the swingarm and strap lowered..

Comment

Continued...the second photo shows hand controls...

Comment

continued..have to re-size as I go..please excuse timing and new posts. Third photo shows view from passenger side with seat locked..

Comment

Working...
                                X