No announcement yet.

what do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris introduced a quadbike called the revolver back in 2006. It has a 500cc engine with a 5 speed transmission. The concept is a on-off road vehicle. Hope it makes it to the showroom. Looks easy enough to do a transfer on.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom92
      Polaris introduced a quadbike called the revolver back in 2006. It has a 500cc engine with a 5 speed transmission. The concept is a on-off road vehicle. Hope it makes it to the showroom. Looks easy enough to do a transfer on.
      Now I like that!!! It looks like it would be a little top heavy tho. but hell i'd ride it.
      "When Life Deals You A Crappy Hand, You Can Fold, Or You Can Play" Mark Zupan

Comment

There's a guy in Cali. making cool looking trikes with the 2 wheels in the front. Similar to a T-rex but you sit on it like a bike. I'll try to find out more.

Hey Tiger, what kind of drivetrain is going in that fastback?

Comment

2004 Scion Xb, OnyxBlue.. still using the cot legs for hand controls.
          Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

Originally posted by JAYCUE
            what kind of drivetrain is going in that fastback?
            We're using one of my husband's old, race motors, a 351W. Haven't decided on the transmission yet. Originally we were going to use C4, but we may end up putting a manual gearbox in it now. The project has basically been on hold for a while now. (My husband jokes that he puts in at least 10 hrs a yr on it.) Between the house and the move and my health, we've had plenty of distractions. We've had a number of projects to choose from the past few yrs, too. First priority was getting my husand's race car rebuilt. Next on the list is the service on my Mondial and, hopefully, after that we'll get the Fastback running. Chances are that won't be until next year though.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tym
              Oh ps, dont you'all give up on riding, the obvious choices is a trike
              I just started building a 1944 Indian Chief. It is a WWII military version from Australia with the sidecar on the left side. Just a pile of parts right now.

Comment

My uncle had a chief, sans any side car. After he died it sat under a carport while my cousins who all are ijits ignored it, sometime during the late80's/early 90's it finally went to a family friend of my aunt and i lost touch with it.

Thank god the cuznuts never touched it, hopefully whoever got it got it running, good luck on yours!

Comment

nnnnnnn

Comment

I drive a Ford Taurse. My wife took my Jeep Cherokee that i had just the way i liked it. Was on youtube and viewed a guy putting in the chair without folding it or taking it apart into a mini van. I am not a big mini van person but I made a compromise with the wife a mini van for me and i can convert my honda vtx 1800 to a trike.
                    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comment

If you can stand at all, a chair rolls right into a minivan. (This is what I do.) Don't see how you could do it from the driver's seat though, do you have a link to that on youtube?
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

My son has been driving a Saturn Ion quad coupe, the reverse opening rear doors made getting his chair in/out very easy. He wanted something a little nicer though so we just bought an RX8 out of California, same reverse opening back doors (not quite as wide opening as the Saturn, but close) and the car is amazing overall. I drove it back from California and it is an amazing car to drive. He's still waiting to drive as the hand controls don't go in until next Friday and he's going crazy waiting.
                        In God we trust, all others must prove themselves.

Comment

Currently I'm driving a Subaru Baja.

I've driven pickups for as long as I've been let on the road. The little guys - a Datsun to start out, then an upgrade to chevy S-10 2WD.
                          I have enough functionality that I can stand while holding (more like hanging) on the side of the vehicle and grab the chair by the axle, tossing it into the bed of the truck. It's fast and convenient! Leaves room in the cab for the car seat and two passengers. I put the cushion in the drivers seat to keep it out of the weather (and prevent those dreaded pressure sores!) and fold the back down to keep the rain off of the upholstery. Bungie cord to hold it down and I'm off.
                          The only issue is height of the bed - no way could I get it into a full size or 4WD truck. My Baja is about as tall as I can go, but man I love that car! Reliable, fun to drive, and room enough for the family.
                          //The yellow one looks like a duck, though, I must admit.
                          ///Black for me.
                          Last edited by taziar; 13 Jun 2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X