No announcement yet.

what do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends what you want to drive man, I know you'd have no troble with a fullsize truck

Comment

Any okies wana race?

I drive a 01 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 quadcab with bruno lift

mods so far, Edge chip, B.H.A.F, 4" exhaust, bully dog big fuel line & pusher pump, banjo bolt kit, full gauges. right now will run 92mph in 1/4 mile

next week im getting a DTT auto trans with billet imput shaft. probably should get a billet output for 500hp, but id rather the output break than center shaft.

upgrades after tranny will be a bigger turbo & injectors, maybe a catcher to get a lil over 500rwhp & 1,000 lb torque

wish i could go all out for tripple turbos & juice but be impossible to drive around town or keep hitches on trailers oh and the $$$$ deal

link to article, not same but close to mods im having done

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpa.../131_0407_ram/

i limited race offer to okies after talkin to Matt & readin Varians post

Comment

Originally posted by jayday9
        Anyone 6'6'' or taller in here? I'm taking lessons this summer but my options for a vehicle are limited with having to get these 2 foot femurs in and out

So if any other Gargantuan crips are out there, please let me know what you are driving
        Not quite 6'6", but fairly close at 6'3". I drive this thing, pretty roomy, but I could use some more headroom at times. I have the sunroof, so if you order one without the sunroof you can get an extra inch or two headroom. Although a sunroof is a pretty cool option to have, screw headroom!

Comment

Originally posted by jayday9
          Anyone 6'6'' or taller in here? I'm taking lessons this summer but my options for a vehicle are limited with having to get these 2 foot femurs in and out

So if any other Gargantuan crips are out there, please let me know what you are driving

im 6'6", and i drive a chevy P/U. i ordered a dodge charger the other day, and i fit in that thing no problem.

Comment

Ford Aerostar rear entry with manual ramp. Wife's pain meds and limited neck motion prevent her from driving, so there's always someone there to put the ramp out, watch for stupid drivers, etc. 2JazzyJeff had some valid points about safety for single-person use. Someday if we ever have enough $$ (hah!) it'd be nice to have a vehicle in which she could sit next to me instead of in the back.
            If anyone has the time and energy to put it together, a compendium of accessible rigs, hoists, etc. would be a valuable resource on the net. There are probably lots of possibilities for transporting paras and quads that any one person is not aware of (like I had not seen the Bruno life before).
            - Richard

Comment

I thought I was tall at 6'2...I couldnt imagin being a 6'6 quad...
              Blah

Comment

I better watch i dont get stepped on..

Comment

I drive a 95 Silver Dodge Intrepid with balding tires to enhance my options for hydroplaning or getting into tight spots. I can throw my wheelchair in the trunk, lots of room there, if I could lift it. I have a 'pink ball' on my antenna so I can find it,.

I have a 'ding' on the passenger side over the tire with a sticker under the ding that says: "Just Hang Up and Drive". I have a 'Maxine doll' in my back window, my blue placard on my mirror and a Support Your Local Sheriff sticker on the rear bumper, along with another sticker that says, "I brake for road sticks!

I figure by the time I get it paid off, it will match the color of my hair!
                  I love my little Dodgie!

Queen
                  Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Comment

Originally posted by CLC379
                    I drive a 01 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 quadcab with bruno lift

mods so far, Edge chip, B.H.A.F, 4" exhaust, bully dog big fuel line & pusher pump, banjo bolt kit, full gauges. right now will run 92mph in 1/4 mile

next week im getting a DTT auto trans with billet imput shaft. probably should get a billet output for 500hp, but id rather the output break than center shaft.

upgrades after tranny will be a bigger turbo & injectors, maybe a catcher to get a lil over 500rwhp & 1,000 lb torque

wish i could go all out for tripple turbos & juice but be impossible to drive around town or keep hitches on trailers oh and the $$$$ deal

link to article, not same but close to mods im having done

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpa.../131_0407_ram/

i limited race offer to okies after talkin to Matt & readin Varians post
                    \

Nice 92 mph is fast for a 7000 pound truck. Plus with that traction i bet your traction and launches are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessecj7
                      im 6'6", and i drive a chevy P/U. i ordered a dodge charger the other day, and i fit in that thing no problem.
                      Probably won't be going w/ a pickup, even though I'd love to, I miss my truck...hard to transfer that high w/o your hands....but a Charger, now I could get used to that...Nice Show us pics when you get it Jesse...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun
                        I better watch i dont get stepped on..
                        Fe Fi Fo Fum...

Man they treated me like I was some sort of freak in the hospital....The guerneys, beds, shower carts all hit me about mid calf(until I got the extended versions)....I could only fit on the service elevators...

I got a buddy 2 years older than me I went to high school with and he's a 7 footer...I told him if he ever got hurt, they're better off just to shoot and bury ya cause ain't nothing gonna fit....

Comment

jay, you could always get it lowered. i think that would be an easy transfer. then you could put a lift in the back for your wheelchair.

edit: the guy who ownes this truck is a quad.
                          Last edited by Jessecj7; 23 Jan 2006, 6:57 PM.

Comment

That thing better have hydraulics....wow that thing is settin' on the ground....I've never seen the lift thing work from the bed of a truck or jeep...if one of you guys who use these things could link up a vid I would appreciate it....

Comment

928S Porsche, 6.5L, 440rwtq/430chp, ebaich/bilstein, alpine/JL, some other goodies - the shark (good for fun).

2001 4x4 F150 supercrew, sport pkg, 5.4L, JL amps/10" sub - the tank (good for hauling junk)...

kawasaki mule 610 4x4, 2k winch, alpine/JL sub, itp's w/bearclaws - the donkey (good for messing around the yard/neighborhood/offroad, etc)

T7/complete - the gimp (good for close in parking)
                              rob

Comment

jayday, look at the earlier pics I posted in this thread. The swingarm mechanism in the bed is an option.

Comment

Working...
                                X