Wheelchair backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair backs

What back do you like? I have a J2 but think its to tall, when I sit I only rest my back to midback height against it.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

I have a an Infinity LoBack. Once you get it set right, it's fine, but it's such a pain in the ass to adjust that I wouldn't recommend it.

Take a look at the Jay Xtreme Back and the Varilite Talon Back. If those are too small, check out the Varilite Evolution Back.

Find a wheelchair vendor that will let you try out several backs. Mine just brought two, and the other one was bulky and heavy compared to the LoBack, so that's why I went with it.

I wish I had done more research on chair backs before getting my new chair and been able to try out more backs.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

I had the same effect with the J2 back I had on my first chair, kind of annoying especially the top part where the top is curved to poke you in the spine, strange design. I got away from this nonsense and went with the TiLite 'tension adjustable by straps' soft back attached to the seat posts set at 16" above the frame tubes. After a bit it conforms to your back, no poking, and a added benefit is the loss of 5 lbs of steel contraption plus the back folds totally flat when breaking the chair down.

Comment

i have found the original "sling" style to be the most comfortable. i'm thin and my back is boney and pokes deep into the cushion so the only plastic back i have tried (jay active) hurt me.

Godspeed...
        freewheelchairmission.org
        Godspeed...
        freewheelchairmission.org

Comment

Working...
        X