Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

''Ultraslick'' Trans board??----Quad transfer.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by smokey
    I have an Ultraslick and it's not as "slick" or slippery as the name suggests. I seem to exert the same amount of effort as when I used my previous no-name board. I suppose I could wax it up or something. The Accessible Designs board would be better for my transfers if it only had one hole instead of two. I hate to have my ischiums get hung up IN the holes. I do like their idea of the anti-slip material on one end of the board though. As I'm sure most of you know, sometimes the board shifts, slips and moves with your butt.
    that anti slip stuff has saved my ass from falling more than once. huge benefit
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by smokey
      I do like their idea of the anti-slip material on one end of the board though. As I'm sure most of you know, sometimes the board shifts, slips and moves with your butt.
      You can put anti-slip stuff on the underside of any board you want, buying it at Home Depot or Lowes. It definitely helps keep the board from moving away during transfers. I actually have skateboard grip-tape on the bottom of two of my boards, and you can tell I bought the tape way back in like '91, because it's day-glo pink and green.

      FREEJ, I just got a new board while out of town because I accidentally left mine in my van at the airport, and I don't know the brand, but I'll try to find out, because it's slicker than any board I've used. It's wood, and has only one hand-hold on one end (perpindicular to the board, which I like, but may not work for you). I'll try to find out the brand. It looks like the same kind of "standard" board I've always seen/used, but it's frickin' slick.

      Comment


        #18
        KLD,,, ,,, being that you you have been using the Ultraslick for a very long time, and with heavy use at your work:
        Do you find many weaker, higher quads like using ''that'' board? Also,,,,do you put something on them[wax/polish] to keep them slipperry?

        Scorppp,,,, don't be lazy,,, 'n find out what kind of board you just got,,,, where'd you get it?

        Skateboard tape is good for ''non-slip'',,,, another choice; I have a piece of ''non-skid'' safety tape[Home Depot] for bathroom/shower tile, or ''non-skid'' tape for use on stair treads,,,,,,,,,

        Freej

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by FREEJ
          another choice; I have a piece of ''non-skid'' safety tape[Home Depot] for bathroom/shower tile, or ''non-skid'' tape for use on stair treads,,,,,,,,,
          Yeah, that's what I was talking about, exactly.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by FREEJ
            KLD,,, ,,, being that you you have been using the Ultraslick for a very long time, and with heavy use at your work:
            Do you find many weaker, higher quads like using ''that'' board? Also,,,,do you put something on them[wax/polish] to keep them slipperry?

            Scorppp,,,, don't be lazy,,, 'n find out what kind of board you just got,,,, where'd you get it?

            Skateboard tape is good for ''non-slip'',,,, another choice; I have a piece of ''non-skid'' safety tape[Home Depot] for bathroom/shower tile, or ''non-skid'' tape for use on stair treads,,,,,,,,,

            Freej
            i tried the stuff from home depot. didnt work. the stuff on my ad board is like rubbery.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

            Comment

            Working...
            X