• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Ease Palm Cuff Glove

Anybody use these?

Push Ease Palm Cuff Glove

Thanks for your input!

I have nothing of value to add to this thread. Hey April.[img]/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/img]

I have two pair of wheelchair gloves somewhere. One has the fingers, the others don't. If I can find them I will send them your way for spares.

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I have the Hatch Wheelchair Gloves and the Hatch Wheelchair Gloves Topy Palms from Sportaid on this page:

gloves

The regular gloves work well but I use the Topy ones when I am going to need better grip, such as faster or longer distance pushing outdoors. Both types are fairly easy to put on once I got used to them. The Topy ones are stiffer so my hands are not as functional for other tasks when they are on. When it is wet the Topy gets slippery faster than the plain leather gloves. The Push Ease Palm Cuff Gloves write up claims they are great in slick conditions. If you get a pair please post here to let us know how well they work.

I also have a pair of gloves like the Hatch Quad Cuff Gloves shown on the same page (mine were from www.harnessdesigns.com). They are very easy to put on and make pushing very easy but they are so stiff that my hands are pretty useless for anything else when they are on. Even wheelchair pushups for pressure relief are difficult while wearing them.

Comment

We now have a pair of the Push Ease Palm Cuff Gloves and we have been impressed! They are good quality. The design is great...I can finally see his hands(and his wedding band)!! They were uncomfortable for the first day or two until they softened up, but now they're fine. He has used them in wet conditions and didn't have any complaints. His one minor complaint is that there is some extra velcro that sometimes sticks to things. We would recommend them.

However, unless you have VERY unusually large hands you should order the XXS-M or the smaller of the two sizes or you'll be sorry after you pay for all the s&h to exchange!

God Bless!
        april_68504(I changed my name)

Comment

I prefer the Quad gloves under the Day gloves section at www.harnessdesigns.com . They go a little further up on your wrists and cover half of your thumb. I get burns on my thumbs and wrists from the way I turn my hands and wrists to slowdown going down hills. They soften up after about a week of use. The only thing I do not like about them is they do not have D rings so you can pull your thumb through to take them on and off instead of using your teeth.

I had gloves like the ones in the first post and liked them until I found these.

Aly

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
          Don Juan Matus
          www.cawvsports.org
          The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
          We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

Thanks for the input...we'll have to try and compare!

Comment

i use the push ease half finger gloves and love them. i tried the palm cuffs also but like the half fingers better. i also tried hatch but the palms didn't grip as well for me.

very unusually large hands? i wear their large and sometimes xl gloves along with some of my buddies. i guess we are strange...lol...jk

push ease is now mechpro after selling out last year.

www.JohnB.tk
              www.BelknapMotosports.com
              John-B

Comment

I like the Hatch half finger/full thumb gloves. I get hard callouses on my thumbs without them. I tried full gloves once, but didn't like them because my fingers weren't "free", especially when shopping.

I've never tried the quad gloves. I have carpal tunnel. Do you think they would help take some of the stress from my thumbs and wrists? I have full use of my hands.

Comment

i used push ease for 4 yrs. i hated them, they would get holes in the palms within 3 or 4 days. then they went up on the price, agggggh. finally a few months ago i found some quad gloves i really like. check out rolli-moden.com. their gloves are small and feather lite. they have a rubber pad on the palm that doesnt get a hole in it and start leaving a trail of rubber pieces everywhere. if anyone tries em let me know what ya think. theyre only 35 dollars too, push ease went up to almost 50 dollars where i used to get them.

Comment

I just received a pair of Palm Ease Push Cuff Gloves from SportAid a few weeks ago. I didn't like them at all. There is absolutely no protection for my thumb and since I mostly push with the area of my palm at the base of my thumb that is where I definitely need some coverage/protection. As mentioned above there is also way too much excess Velcro hanging off the side of these gloves when they are done up. Luckily I also got a pair of the Hatch Wheelchair Gloves that I normally go with at the same time and have continued using them. This just shows how variations in how each person pushes their chair can make a big difference in which brand and style of glove are the most appropriate

Comment

Ive tried the palm ease and didnt like them for the reasons already mentioned.I use the Hatch gloves,but i still go through a pair of those every few months..

Comment

I just use the Bell weightlifting gloves (half fingers) . I never liked push Ease for the lack of traction.

Comment

i even emailed the compant numerous times because after 3 or 4 days the palms started coming unstitched. they never returned a response. these i got from rolli-moden are quad cuffs, i like them because theyre small. i don't look like i'm wearing third baseman gloves around,lol. but like ya said...everybody has different needs an likes.

Comment

try these, good price and they look nice with the gel padding

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230817961735

Comment

Working...
                            X