Quickie Q300 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickie Q300 mini

I had such high hopes for this chair, moving from having a permobil front wheel drive, though there's drawbacks, I maneuver in a mid much better. This has an amazing turning radius, and I can turn around in my camper van without bumping anything, lovely. It's nice and compact, though light. I had a tipover, when it surged on a curb cut and tossed me over the side of the curb. That was fun on a road trip. That is also were I fully saw just how dismal the batteries are. They're the smaller ones, so I guess it makes sense it wouldn't have the same range. But the literature says 17 miles. I go a few blocks and it's one bar down. A mile and it's in the yellow. That can't be normal? They tested the batteries, said they're ok. It is also glitchy, the controls that make it raise and tilt on one side suddenly switch to doing other functions. It has a prominent whirring sound from the left side.

Next they want to keep it a few days and test them again I guess. I feel like maybe this could fall under lemon? That thing where it switched functions has been repaired 3 times, and I've only had it like 2 months. If they can't fix this battery life, I can't function. How would I do the zoo, or try to go shopping after walking the dogs, and it's ready to die? The DME guy said that it's super bad to charge the battery when it's not all the way drained. Well c'mon, I've never seen that, and doesn't make sense. He also said it really takes 12 hours to charge fully, even if it says it is, there's a trickle. Uh, who sleeps 12 hours? It only takes a few hours to charge.

Seems every chair there's issues that are a huge pain in the arse to get rectified once you have a chair.

Nobody cares to answer if that seems normal for small batteries? To only get a few miles, or one shopping excursion before drained halfway?

Comment

Sorry, I don’t have experience with power chair battery life, Just a few hours sure does seem low, though.
      "I have great faith in fools; ‘self-confidence’, my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Q300 I think has plain Group 22 batteries. I'm use to group 22NF's. But 22's think have 50ah.
        I know nothing but other than testing/replacing batteries have they tested or switched out your charger? Or wire harness from charge port to batteries.been checked, especially wiring after falling over.
        Good Luck!

Comment

Yeah they've replaced charger, checked batteries. It continually changes the functions on the side where it is supposed to raise up, recline, etc, and mixed up with speed and the horn. THen it goes back sometimes on it's own. So weird. Wonder if I have the qualifications for a lemon.

Comment

Originally posted by MyK9crew View Post
            Yeah they've replaced charger, checked batteries. It continually changes the functions on the side where it is supposed to raise up, recline, etc, and mixed up with speed and the horn. THen it goes back sometimes on it's own. So weird. Wonder if I have the qualifications for a lemon.
            Now I know nothing! Anything I thought I might know is usually wrong! I just be a poor ole' country boy, well old man now!
            Is the seating controls thru the joystick? Does chair just throttle down(slow) when running full speed for no reason and at times just stop, as in sliding to stop?
            If you control seating via joystick instead of buttons on joystick housing have problems? Ex: When changing seat functions thru joystick get mixed up? Foot raise instead back recline?
            Or does seat functions all through buttons attached to joystick housing?
            If controls get mixed up via actual joystick itself I've had that problem and chair finally just quit between doors of building entrance. It required a new joystick and wiring harness. If you charger might test good but be in wiring harness if seating is thru joystick itself.
            My joystick was hardwired to wiring harness so all was replaced to where plugged in under cover on back of seat. Took care of all problems with controls as well as batteries lasted longer distances, figured was not getting fully charged.
            Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MyK9crew View Post
              That is also were I fully saw just how dismal the batteries are. They're the smaller ones, so I guess it makes sense it wouldn't have the same range. But the literature says 17 miles. I go a few blocks and it's one bar down. A mile and it's in the yellow. That can't be normal? They tested the batteries, said they're ok.
              My wife recently got an Q300m and has been pretty happy with it. Regarding the batteries, something definitely sounds wrong. We went out for a 5 mile walk on a local path with some rolling hills this afternoon. And back here at the house the 3 green lights are extinguished. She doesn't remember when the last green went out but it was definitely near the end of the 5 miles. The 17 miles is probably a bit optimistic by the manufacturer, but unless you weigh 500lbs and were going up hill the entire way, I can't see how you would be in the yellow after just a mile.

When they checked the batteries, how did they check them? The only reliable way would be to put a large load on the batteries for like 5 hours and see if the output matches the battery spec sheet. Also, are you sure they are the right batteries? The Q300m takes a bit of an oddball short height Group 22 size battery, rated for 50Ah. I wouldn't be surprised if due to supply chain issues or just lack of availability someone might have put smaller Group U1 batteries in there. Those have a rated capacity of 35Ah (or less), but are a fairly similar physical size.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2460.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	2923480Oh wow. Yeah I don't think they did that. It was a quicker check. Just did it again, and gave the chair back scratched more, and pronounced it normal. They even called Sunrise. Just said if I do stop and go, hills, or grass, it's going to not last long. I'm not, I'm shopping, cleaning house, training dogs, going on walks. Living. I can't even do that. Today I tried to walk my dogs in Balboa Park, then head about a mile over to a Farmer's Market and back. No way, I was in the yellow by just doing the park up and down! Yesterday I took a photo of the trip mileage and where it was. This was just going to do a few errands at stores briefly.
                So it's like I am SOL. Unless I complain to insurance maybe? I don't see how I can live life in a chair that can't travel far.
                Originally posted by ImWithHer View Post

My wife recently got an Q300m and has been pretty happy with it. Regarding the batteries, something definitely sounds wrong. We went out for a 5 mile walk on a local path with some rolling hills this afternoon. And back here at the house the 3 green lights are extinguished. She doesn't remember when the last green went out but it was definitely near the end of the 5 miles. The 17 miles is probably a bit optimistic by the manufacturer, but unless you weigh 500lbs and were going up hill the entire way, I can't see how you would be in the yellow after just a mile.

When they checked the batteries, how did they check them? The only reliable way would be to put a large load on the batteries for like 5 hours and see if the output matches the battery spec sheet. Also, are you sure they are the right batteries? The Q300m takes a bit of an oddball short height Group 22 size battery, rated for 50Ah. I wouldn't be surprised if due to supply chain issues or just lack of availability someone might have put smaller Group U1 batteries in there. Those have a rated capacity of 35Ah (or less), but are a fairly similar physical size.

Comment

Working...
                X