Tilite ZRA back locking mechanism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilite ZRA back locking mechanism.

My back locking thingy doesn't "hold". On occasion when I need a push the back gives way, unlocking itself. Help!

Do you have a picture?

Is your cushion or back rear/sling back or something else pressing the lever to release the back?

Comment

That’s exactly what happens with mine:

The lower edge of my Roho Agility backrest’s cushion gets pushed down, and rearward, wrapping slightly around the bottom of the shell, and it protrudes just enough beyond the rear of the shell, so it perfectly pushes the latch bar up and off the posts. (Low profile back set ~12-13” high.)
      "I have great faith in fools; ‘self-confidence’, my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

post a picture

Comment

How do I post a picture from my android smart phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            How do I post a picture from my android smart phone?
            Hi, there should be an Upload Attachments under the reply text box. Click/Tap that, choose what you want to upload. Then choose camera (to take a pic) or files (for saved pics), and choose the folder the pic is in. It should start uploading after clicking/tapping it.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221028_122500.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	2923338 Thanks rfd! I think I figured it out. We'll see. The first pic is of the back unlatched, the second Click image for larger version

Name:	20221030_170546.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	497.6 KB
ID:	2923337 latched. Golly, my chair is filthy!

Comment

I often find my backpack will hit the bar, releasing my backrest while someone is trying to push me. I'm so used to it at this point that I just make sure I'm leaning back with all my weight while being pushed. I really appreciate how much easier it is to release the back on the TiLite as opposed to the Quickie Q7 i had previously (with the spring loaded tabs that were always stuck), but I'm not sure how to keep it from releasing when I don't want it to.

Comment

Well, I don't have anything in the way, or pushing on the release bar. Just seems like "they" have this thing too "loosey goosey", or something.

Comment

I sit deep in my TRA and there is danger of tissue harm from that release bar.
                    So I am going retro, ditching that bloody nuisance bar and substituting some cord.
                    It seems that this would also solve the 'release' issue some of you have?
                    I mean, a pull cord will do the same as an aluminum tube and has done so in earlier years, right?.
                    For those of you fixated on weight saving, you will also shed a few grams of weight in the process too.😉

Lynne, that back hinge is a dodgy unit; is it still recalled/withdrawn?
                    Last edited by slow_runner; 15 Nov 2022, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_runner View Post
                      I sit deep in my TRA and there is danger of tissue harm from that release bar.
                      So I am going retro, ditching that bloody nuisance bar and substituting some cord.
                      It seems that this would also solve the 'release' issue some of you have?
                      I mean, a pull cord will do the same as an aluminum tube and has done so in earlier years, right?.
                      For those of you fixated on weight saving, you will also shed a few grams of weight in the process too.😉

Lynne, that back hinge is a dodgy unit; is it still recalled/withdrawn?
                      What? I don't know about the back hinge being recalled. Educate me please.

Comment

As luck would have it, I have deleted all communication with my Permobil person with material referencing that hinge.
                        Try here, post https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...n-shortcomings

It has been discontinued and likely for the reasons expressed, or worse. IMO they should be recalled.

Read my instructions concerning that hinge contained on my CAD here --
                        https://www.carecure.net/filedata/fe...5&d=1658202479

Comment

Working...
                        X