No announcement yet.

DME in OKC area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard back from DME last week. So, I called DME today and 2 people we have dealt with so far were unable to talk with them. Talked with third person at DME and he took messages for both.
    Talked with our Caseworker at insurance and said no claims been filed on either of us. But, she said as soon as we get Account numbers on both of us from DME to call her with them.
    So, just waiting.

Comment

Seriously, do DME's get paid not to sell equipment?
      After trying get a hold of people at DME this week the third time was the charmed one.
      Before doing anything the DME needs signed doctor orders and patient notes. You know the stuff they said they needed before doing seating evaluation. DME said they tried twice since last week to do this with our doctor.
      The stuff they said they had gotten when they setup appointments at PT first week of August.
      So, I thanked the DME person for the information and apologized for bothering them.
      Just in case I misunderstood her, cause I realize I may be wrong. I sent message to our primary doctor asking if they received any further DME requests. But be at least Tues before hear anything since they are closed til then.
      So, if anyone knows of a DME around Oklahoma City that actually sells equipment through Medicare Advantage plans or since 2023 is right around corner sells though plain Medicare and has gotten equipment delivered I'd appreciate the information.
      Thank you!

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you sign all the release of information forms for your DME to get info from your doctor? Did they specify on the form exactly what information they needed? Maybe this fall is a time for you to reconsider having a Medicare HMO! (KLD)

KLD, Thank you for reply!
      Not signed anything from the DME. they have not ask us anything about signing anything, so far.
      When first contacted DME they ask me to E-mail them copy of original Rx for chairs and copies of Justification letters on both Mama and I.
      Then our primary doctor called us asking if we were using this company before sending DME the items/information that DME had requested on us, patient notes and Rx's for seating evaluations.
      The only good thing about whole thing is we know there's no point in going around in circles, again.
      Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Either the DME or the physician must have you sign release of information forms for any of your medical records to be released to anyone. (KLD)

KLD, Thank you, maybe that's the problem.
      I just know the DME said they had everything they needed and it was little over a month ago. And now they don't.
      Thanks!

Comment

In case anyone is following this thread. Spoke with 2 different DME's staff this week that left messages for last week.
        So, in short: 2 said Mama's paperwork needs signed by our doctor and mine needed ICD codes from doctor then that nothing's been done on my paperwork.
        Tried keep it short, just same old, same old line.
        Thanks for reading!

Comment

If anyone is interested thought update our quest.
          Called DME last week was told everything was done on doctor's part and DME workers had finished their paperwork, too. Also, everything should be sent to insurance company.
          Called DME this morning and they said everything was at insurance company.

So, called insurance company and they said had nothing on file for me at all on powerchair. But, Mama they had received and done prior approval. She also ask if Mama's chair had been delivered.
          So, Maybe Mama will get somewhere this time! YEA!!!

Comment

Well DME staff called to setup delivery date/time, never talked with this person before. Anyway, looks like Mama has a new chair that suppose be delivered in couple weeks.
            Mama ask what Brand and model but caller only knew K0 number on Group listing.
            So, called one staff we talked with yesterday.
            Don't know how or why but not Brand chair she demo'ed. But we looked up specs on it and footprint will be smaller, as well as turning radius which Mama likes.
            So, we are hoping it works out!
            BTW: Nothing new on my chair except staff said mine was submitted a week after Mama's to insurance.
            Thanks, for reading!

Comment

Working...
            X