New TiLite making crackling/popping sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TiLite making crackling/popping sounds

I got a new TiLite ZR last February and, even from new, it has made quite a bit of crackling and popping sounds, especially while turning on carpet. It's got Spinergy LX rear wheels, adjustable folding backrest, and aluminum seat pan.
    Has anyone else experienced similar issues on a new TiLite?

My 11+ year old Tilite ZRa does that, esp after transferring back onto it from bed, van seat, whatever. Always has, but just for the first few turns. It's like it needs to settle in on the looseness of various joints. I don't know which ones.

Comment

I would expect an old chair to make these sounds, but not a brand new one. And it does it all the time; I can't roll silently anywhere.
      ​​​​​Add to that the issue I detailed in this post, https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...e-forks-rattle

Comment

Originally posted by DarcySB View Post
        I got a new TiLite ZR last February and, even from new, it has made quite a bit of crackling and popping sounds, especially while turning on carpet. It's got Spinergy LX rear wheels, adjustable folding backrest, and aluminum seat pan.
        Has anyone else experienced similar issues on a new TiLite?
        My brand new TiLite TR3 did this after delivered to me. Eventually, I found out the problem was several things not being aligned properly. The camber bar wasn't centered. Likewise, adjusted properly for the toe in/out to be correct. Once I made those adjustments those weird sounds went away. Also, the backrest kept slipping down on one side which would throw the chair off a bit causing weird sounds. I still have to make that adjustment every few weeks.
        -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

I just got a new Tilite Zra. Makes all kinds of creaking sounds. Have to put the armrests in the top hole. One works fine the other is hard to get in and out.

Seems like Tilite went down since Perm took over.

Comment

I got a Tilite ZRA that is messed up, which is less than satisfactory. Similarly, my latest ROHO is a significant disappointment.
            Permobil is buying what was once decent equipment and making things cheaper / lesser quality.

Comment

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post
              I got a Tilite ZRA that is messed up, which is less than satisfactory. Similarly, my latest ROHO is a significant disappointment.
              Permobil is buying what was once decent equipment and making things cheaper / lesser quality.
              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Have you been able to localize the creaking? My brand new ZRA made so much noise it would wake the children if I went by their rooms during a nap... After attempting to tighten down every screw I could find, I finally realized it was coming from the hinge between the backrest and frame (folding point of folding backrest). After inspecting it I realized the housing of the hinge was cracked along the seam. The DME ordered a new one from TiLite and once it arrived, they swapped it out in less than an hour and the creaking was gone. See the attached picture if it helps make sense.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ToastGuard View Post
                  Have you been able to localize the creaking? My brand new ZRA made so much noise it would wake the children if I went by their rooms during a nap... After attempting to tighten down every screw I could find, I finally realized it was coming from the hinge between the backrest and frame (folding point of folding backrest). After inspecting it I realized the housing of the hinge was cracked along the seam. The DME ordered a new one from TiLite and once it arrived, they swapped it out in less than an hour and the creaking was gone. See the attached picture if it helps make sense.
                  Thanks for that info. No, I haven't been able to localize the source of the sounds. I'll have to check into it further.

Comment

check spokes and remove and reinstall footplate.
                    Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

Working...
                    X