Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-coating hand-rims (Vinyl, rubber coating)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrbanWheeler76 View Post

Yes, hopefully sometime this year. I was supposed to have gotten that TiLite a couple of years back during the time you recommended it for me, but I got sidetracked. Then the pandemic hit us and pushed things back again.
    Sorry to hear, that is a long wait; hopefully your current chair is still working well.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post

Sorry to hear, that is a long wait; hopefully your current chair is still working well.
      I still use my power chair as my primary so I'm good to go. The TiLite will be used for pushing short distances, traveling purposes, along with exercising & strength building. When my strength and endurance increase, I will then rely less on my power chair, and use the TiLite for greater distances.

Comment

So anyway I never did come up with any good way to plastic coat my hand rims, however I did end up just wrapping them with paracord which provides an excellent surface/texture to grip. Only draw back is that without gloves it can really hurt your hand when trying to slow down or stop when going fast or downhill etc.

Comment

Have you considered Rib Grips?

https://ribgrips.com/

I've been using them for the past month and I really like them.

Comment

Working...
          X