Adjusting bed coverings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting bed coverings

While I ponder ending hunger worldwide and eliminating terrorism from the gene pool, I pause to consider the ever urgent need to adjust my nighttime temperature. I do not have much use of my hands or arms. In my current environment (my parents' dining room), it seems inalterably difficult to regulate the ambient temperature. As a result, I am cold when I go to bed at night and need to be snugly covered, which makes me wake early unbearably hot.

Does anyone know of a device that will allow me to adjust the bed coverings mechanically, which I then could voice automate?

Not the total solution but I've found having a smart speaker with smart outlets on my fans and philips hue lights has made my life easier.

wool blankets seem to help me warm up but not overheat as well

Comment

Look into home automation. I use several google mini's, hubitat and zigbee devices. I have smart bulbs, switches, thermostat, contact and motion sensors. I can control everything with my voice.
      T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

Oh I also keep my apartment at 75 degrees year-round. Makes it so I can sleep with just a sheet on which then makes the fan very effective at getting rid of any "excess heat" when I am warm. But if I had central air, I would be on that smart thermometer in a minute.

Comment

Working...
        X