Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new catheter supplier.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new catheter supplier.......

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a new catheter supplier. Been using UTI Medical for several years but the service there has changed for the worse. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I switched from UTI to 180Medical and haven't looked back.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

UTI! What a name for a cath supplier! I'd be concerned too.

PS: I used to get uro and ostomy supplies from big out of state suppliers.
      For 15 years now I've used a local (10mi) pharmacy who delivers and never looked back. They're local, they deliver next day, and they know me by my first name!
      Last edited by pfcs49; 15 Dec 2021, 5:59 PM.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

check out these guys owned by Robby Beckman, hes a quad and great guy. i switched a year ago.
        ​​​​​​http://bay-med.com/
        Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

I have been using "UTI" for about 10 years. I have seen a slight change in their business model/staff but no change in services so far.

Comment

I'm happy with Maxwell Medical

Comment

I used Byram Health for a couple of years with mostly good results, but switched to 180 Medical and found that it’s just easier and more reliable in every way. Feels like this is the gold standard.
              C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post
                I have been using "UTI" for about 10 years. I have seen a slight change in their business model/staff but no change in services so far.
                Yeah same here.. no issues for 10+ years, but there has been a change.. .anyone know what happened? they sell up ? Judy was a star

Comment

20+ years of consistently good service from Express Medical Supply

https://www.exmed.net
                  Know Thyself

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post

Yeah same here.. no issues for 10+ years, but there has been a change.. .anyone know what happened? they sell up ? Judy was a star
                    I've used them for near that long too. From what I understand, the owner got into it with one of his managers, don't know the details, but the whole staff were family members, so when that guy left, the whole staff went with him. Was a shame cuz I liked everybody I dealt with in that crew.

I had one hiccup with the new staff, they "lost" me for a month and I had to contact them to get caught up. Other than that, service has been good.
                    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

I recently switched to 180 medical. I have no complaints.

They keep in touch pretty good. I was having a hard time getting one of my doctors to sign the prescription from them (my crappy doctors fault not theirs). They actually called me today just to let me know that they finally got the prescription. They didn’t have to do that, they could have just sent out the next shipment or wait for me to call if I was worried.

Comment

I use EdgePark.
                        T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

I started out with Southeast Medical out of GA when I was first injured. They were always reliable for my cath supplies, but rather expensive. They were bought out by ABC Medical and since that time I still get my cath supplies without issue and it has gotten a lot cheaper. That has been for the last 7 or 8 years. I don't know whether it is my insurance or their business model, but I've been really happy with the cost. I get 3 months supplies at a time of closed sterile catheters. Every 3 months they call me up, ask if anything changed and how many catheters I have left, and then send them. I usually get my supplies within 2-3 days, which is really nice.

Comment

Do you all see a big difference in prices for catheters between different providers? Maybe I should be paying more attention.

Comment

I was getting mine from Summit Express for 12 years with no problems. He just sold the company to Strive out of Texas two months ago so far they have been good.

Comment

Working...
                              X