Toyota Sienna drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Sienna drivers?

Hi... I'm looking at new vans... I was wondering if anyone drove a Toyota Sienna and used some sort of push button technology that changed gears for them instead of having to manually move the gear lever . The gear lever has a push button which most people would push with their thumb and then shift the gear but being quadriplegic I don't have great hand dexterity and I'm expecting that might be problematic for me. The guy doing my conversion is looking into this but wasn't sure how it would be handled or if it could be handled so I was wondering if anyone had this set up … thanks

No push button on mine, a 2011 Sienna SE. I had once a van with a push button, just kept it pushed at all time with a tie wrap.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

I have had 3 in the last 15 years. I love the AWD . I never had issues with any of them. I run no flat tires and they make a new 60,000 mile tire. my only complaint is they dont make a V-6 AWD. they went to a 4 hybrid and you cant tow anymore. that is the only difference I see. I use MTD hand controls too.

Comment

you should be able to disable the button. its a mechanical release

Comment

Your conversion guy might not do it for legal reason. A regular mechanic can do it for cash & no paper trail.
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
          Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Working...
          X