Smart drive bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart drive bearings

Does anyone know the number for the bearings for the rollers. It seems wasteful to buy a very expensive set of rollers just because one or two bearings are dirty.

Can you wash the bearings and repack? And if it is possible, maybe wash and repack the lot.

Comment

i don't think they have bearings, i think they use a bushing. only thing you can do with that is put a little silicone in there but be careful not too much it can stain carpet and such

Comment

yeah .. it's a steal rod with 2 bushings on either end. I found that taking a sharp knife and cutting the rubber away from the bushing helps, sometimes the rubber just binds against the bushing or as it wears small pieces get wedged between the bushing and the rubber of the wearing surface.

A real shame there isn't a way to just push the rubber wearing surface off the rod somehow, would entail getting the bushing off of course, but the rubber wearing surface is glued on real good to the steal rod. $200 for a new set of 14 little wheels is criminal, especially how quick they bind and you end up just wearing down one side when you don't pay attention. blah blah.

Looking forward to getting the SMOOV

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
          yeah .. it's a steal rod with 2 bushings on either end.----------------------------------------------- re $200 for a new set of 14 little wheels is criminal, especially how quick they bind and you end up just wearing down one side when you don't pay attention. blah blah.
          Were they that expensive before Permobil acquired Max Mobility??

Comment

I wonder if there is a similar product on AliExpress

Comment

Working...
            X