Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programmer for V6 power chair?

Hey Folks,

As the title says, I'm wondering how to get access, rent/buy/whatever, to a programmer. I bought an Innovation In Motion/Magic Mobility V6 demo chair, and I really like it, but the "turning" settings are set way too low. I've used my old chair, the X5 which is an ancestor fo the V6, for like 12 years as my off-road chair, and it's settings were good from the get-go. But this demo chair must be set to minimize crashes for new user testing at slow speeds. The main reason I bought the V6 is it has 12" rise to seat height, I took it to an outdoor wedding this weekend, and man it was fun to look people eye to eye for the first time in 18yrs. I am donating my still perfectly good X5 to my local PVA.

When I tell it it's time to turn, it sloooowly will react, and by then it is too late, and I have to either stop or slow way down to not hit something. Even my wife who moves my chair for me occasionally, said "man this thing does not respond". So I would like to tweak the settings some.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Wheelchair Driver.com has a great deal of info on programming. Now that Sunrise is taking an active roll in Magic Mobility support perhaps reach out to your local Sunrise Medical dealer. My V6 steers well with each profile and each profile speed setting. (I would like to remove 3 profiles because I only use two) Yours sounds like it is in a "Demo" mode.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

I found a programmer on Ebay that works on my old Jazzy (yard dog). Look there with patience. Research now for what is needed and methods. Hope that the equipment or software isn't cost prohibitive.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Thanks Guys,

24/7 - Lots of stuff on wheelchairdriver, found a link selling programmers, but unfortunately they know nothing of my chair.

GH - I've seen some on Ebay but until I know exactly what I need, I'm flailing around. I *think* it is an R-net type joystick but not sure, still trying to nail it down.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
          Thanks Guys,

24/7 - Lots of stuff on wheelchairdriver, found a link selling programmers, but unfortunately they know nothing of my chair.

GH - I've seen some on Ebay but until I know exactly what I need, I'm flailing around. I *think* it is an R-net type joystick but not sure, still trying to nail it down.
          Yea, there are a lot of specifics. Occasionally you find the factory programmers but they cost thousands $. The tech level programmers allow steering, speed and other things, all you need. Getting the correct one for your chair can be challenging. ID-ing the joystick is a good place to start.
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
          Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Some rent programmers. You put a down payment on it and when you send it back you get a refund. I did it a couple of times and finally got one from my DME.

Comment

I found a guy on Ebay that rents programmers. He(and I) are unsure if the one I chose will work with my chair, but good possibility. He made me an offer, if I take a video to prove it didn't work, he'd cut the rental fee in half. I can understand not cutting it to zero, he had to do some work to get it to me.

I should know in the next few days or a week if it worked or not, I will update when I find out.

edit: here's the one I'm trying...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29440939433...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

Comment

If you have an Rnet joystick it won't work. If it's an Invacare joystick it might.

Comment

Congrats have you talked to Don to see if he might have a programmer?

They are pretty rare...might check with your local DME Dallas had a rep that might have one I know not everyone turned back parts...

Make sure inhibit it not activated email me again I can tell you how to turn them off...Mine rolls full speed if I needed to at 12"

Comment

being told that rental will not work...this is a OEM programmer will work regardless of brand

​​​​​​https://powersoccershop.com/pcprogrammer.aspx

talked to Don who sold you the chair he will have programmers after jan 1st when he becomes a sunrise dealer

Comment

Swanny - I think it is an Rnet, but not sure, that's why I at least wanna try one to get my scrutiny going.

Rollin - yes inhibit IS activated, if I'm not fully lowered, it creeps at the slowest possible pace I've been in. I'll get in touch with you, not that I want full speed "up there" but would like to be able to get from one group of people to another, w/o having to waste time going back down. And that movement is slow as crap too.

Comment

I emailed the power soccer people a few days ago, my problem is, I use Mac computers so the PC stuff doesn't help me. They said the handheld version was discontinued. It seems if Don currently had programmers, why does he have to wait to be under the Sunrise umbrella?

Comment

• RollinPositive
                          RollinPositive commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He use to work with IIM since Sunrise took over all reps had to return all demos and parts...Sure Sunrise is doing some sort of inventory so he doesn't have access to parts.

We talked the other day and he was comfortable that once hes a rep he could get one.

Is the inhibit light on the joystick?

Well, as anticipated, this programmer didn't work for me. Oh well, one down, who knows how many to go.

Rollin - thanks for info. I will check for an inhibit light, but it sure as heck is slower than molasses.

Comment

Mc any luck unplugging the inhibit switches?

Comment

Not yet dude, Life has gotten in the way for a bit. I did get to try that programmer from Ebay, no such luck. It just would say "Lost Connection, please turn off".

Comment

Working...
                            X