Hatch Fingerless Wheelchair Gloves--I can't find them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatch Fingerless Wheelchair Gloves--I can't find them

The usual sources either show them as back-ordered or have dropped them from the e-catalog completely. Any suggestions?

I'm trying other brands of gloves also, but I really want some more Hatch fingerless. Lots of sources have the Hatch mesh backed gloves with half fingers. I don't want those.

I have always used this brand- https://www.ebay.com/itm/38389990746...sAAOSwc4xgU7j7

Comment

I really like these gloves over the Hatch gloves.

Milwaukee Leather MG7585 Men's Black Leather Full Panel Fingerless Gloves with Gel Palm

https://www.leatherup.com/products/m...SABEgIGovD_BwE

Comment

my supplyplace gets them from cop quest.com its been awhile since ive ordered them i just placed a order ill see if thy still carry them or not
        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Are these it?https://safariland.com/products/whee...8aAvwNEALw_wcB

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. I finally found them at AliMed. They took my order. We'll see if they deliver.

I prefer the true fingerless gloves over the half-finger versions because they are so much easier to get on and off. And most gloves, even if they have a Velcro strap also have some elastic in the cuff. Braking downhill tends to pull them partially off, exposing my wrist and palms to abuse.

For that price, I'll try a pair from Milwaukee Leather. They look rugged and are available in SEVEN sizes. Most of the companies offer only two, sm/med and lg/xlg.

Comment

I like Harbinger fingerless. There padded and work great for wheeling and working out. I buy them at Dicks sporting good and they run about $17 a pair.

Comment

I found them on Express medical supply, i ordered them last summer when it said back-ordered and they actually arrived within a couple weeks.

Comment

• endo_aftermath
                  endo_aftermath commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They still say backordered and say "This item is on long-term back order from the manufacturer and cannot be purchased at this time" when I tried to add them to my cart. Odd, for an established brand like Hatch.

I bought AliMed Hatch Heavy-duty wheelchair glove, finger-less $43.25. These are advertised as made by Hatch and they are a very similar style, but they seem to be counterfeit. They don't have the usual "Hatch" tag sewn in and everything about them seems lighter-duty, thinner fabric with less padding. Even the hook and loop fasteners (Velcro). I can feel some of the hooks flying off when the sides are pulled apart. The gloves weigh 3 ounces vs. 5 ounces for genuine Hatch finger-less gloves. The cuff is about half an inch shorter than genuine Hatch gloves, so they protect the wrist less well. I don't expect these to last as long as the genuine "Hatch" gloves do, and they probably are not even as durable as ADI gloves.

Prime Sports half finger from Amazon. Easier to get than the other half finger gloves. Main body of glove is stretchy, so not any good for braking.

RIMSports. Workout gloves. Half finger. L. Somewhat difficult to get on but doable. Short stretchy cuff. Not good wrist protection. Could add a Velcro wrist strap to keep them on when braking but I'd rather just buy gloves that worked.

Harbinger Training Grip Wrist Wrap from Dick's Sporting Goods. Half finger. XL but very difficult to get on. Wrist strap goes around about twice so wrist is very well protected. These are made for weight lifting and not wheelchair use, so the palm protection runs a little short of protecting the outside edge of my palm. Not ideal but if these were easier to get on I could use them.

Have not ordered from Milwaukee Leather yet.

I have my gloves on and off so many times each day I need to resign myself to only try true finger-less gloves. With my level of hand function, these half-finger gloves are just too much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                X