Adding push handles to my ZRA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding push handles to my ZRA?

I received my new ZRA a couple mos. ago without push handles. "They" said no problem to put them on if I want. I can SEE what they mean as the tops of the canes are the same. (The new chair posts aren't "topped" off.). BUT, I don't see where to loosen the cane insert on the new chair to slide it out and slide the old one with the push handles in. Help! Thanks! Does this make sense?

TiLite Z has a series of holes in the vertical backrest tubes, on the outside edge, and there is a bolt that goes through one of them, into the adjustable piece. Taking that bolt out allows that piece to be removed or adjusted. It might be covered up by the upholstery.

You can see them here:

https://www.permobil.com/us/wp-conte..._Backrests.pdf
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks, Oddity! I got the tubes out and the old ones with the handles slid into the new backrest tubes, but I couldn't get the screws to go in correctly. Should I have suspected something when I had to use metric Allen wrenches to remove the new tubes and SAEs to take out the old ones? I tried both sets of screws to get it to work and all the energy I had left I used to put it back the way it was. It doesn't make sense!

Comment

Hmmm. I dunno. But, maybe, Take a look at the new back rest canes, with the push handles. I believe they only have screw holes, to accept the bolt that holds them, on one side, and in one spot near the bottom (that's what mine look like, anyway.) Might be as simple as making sure the canes go in the right sides, so the screw holes are facing the right way, and lining them up with the hole you want to use.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Wow, didn't think about that. I'll look at that today. Thanks, Oddity!

Comment

My husband "reamed out" the hole in my new back rest canes (1/64"more) for the tiniest bit larger screw to go through. Problem solved! Thanks Oddity!

Comment

Working...
            X