Out-Front Compact Composite Scissor Lock Wheel Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
    Got mine too. Tried to install, found out that the space that Tilite puts in between the seat straps, doesn't work for these brakes. I am gonna have to move one seat strap to free up the frame area, where these will work. I run skinny solid tires and they make for a smaller diameter, and these brakes can't get far enough back to lock the tire, using the currently open frame spot. It's always sumthin'....
    have you tried just turning them around?

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post

have you tried just turning them around?
      I don't have them in front of me right now, but looking at the pics above, I'm not catching your drift. Not sure what you mean about just turning them around. Not the first time I might miss a simple solution, can you expand a little?
      "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

I don't have them in front of me right now, but looking at the pics above, I'm not catching your drift. Not sure what you mean about just turning them around. Not the first time I might miss a simple solution, can you expand a little?
        Hi McDuff. Can you post an image showing where the problem exists for you?
        Reversing the brake clamp head may be the work-around you require.
        For reversing that head attachment, try this
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnSFnvqaW6I

Best

Comment

looks like you could take out the 2 allen head bolts that attach the brake to the mounting rod. turn the bar to face the front of the chair and put the bolts back in.

Comment

Sorry for ehh kind of pics, keep forgetting about this til I'm in the chair. The first pic shows my as is brakes, you can see the seat straps on either side of the clamp mount. It's the back strap that's the problem, I need the mount further back. And right behind that strap is where the frame crossmember bar is, so my plan is to remove brakes, move that strap forward to adjacent the front strap, then put new mount behind that strap. I hope this doesn't leave a "pocket" of no support in my seat, we'll see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_63433.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	557.0 KB
ID:	2913810

This is the new brakes held up to show that there is not enough adjustments to get them on the tire.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2574.jpg Views:	0 Size:	545.7 KB ID:	2913816

Man, there is a BIG difference in uploading pics, and choosing "medium" vs. "large". This is medium, and a large is 2 or 3 pages scrolled left and right. Hope this gets my point across.

edit: I see they zoom when you click them, all good.

Comment

oooh, I see a potential problem, adjusting the brakes might be real tough or not possible, as the clamp will be solid behind the wheel. hmmphhh

Comment

Try using a stubby hex key.... Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-20 Bondhus Stubby 008.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	2913858 Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-20 Bondhus Stubby 003.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	2913859
                T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

Thanks dude, just ordered a set.

Comment

​​​Finally got around to install mine. Ran into a problem where the mounting shaft was too long. I had to cut about and inch off in order to have enough run for adjustment. The shaft would hit the cross frame brace on my TiLIte 2GX. I used my grinder with a cut off wheel to make it fit correctly. Those of you with rigid frames probably won't have this issue.

Now that they are installed they feel great.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_63441.jpg Views:	5 Size:	431.3 KB ID:	2913872
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-12 Wheel Chair Mods 009.JPG Views:	1 Size:	364.8 KB ID:	2913876Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-12 Wheel Chair Mods 006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	338.1 KB ID:	2913871

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_63443.jpg Views:	4 Size:	317.4 KB ID:	2913874 Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-12 Wheel Chair Mods 018.JPG Views:	0 Size:	392.2 KB ID:	2913873
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rshadd; 12 Oct 2021, 4:22 PM.
                    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

Working...
                    X