New power wheelchair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New power wheelchair?

Hello everyone i'm in the process of getting a new power chair.I have Aetna Medicare and gonna use numotion as the dealer.I went through the evaluation & one of the features i asked about was adding elevated seating the dealer said Medicare won't pay for this feature does anyone know if this information is accurate?

In 2017 Medicare refused to pay for the elevated seat on my new chair. The elevated seat feature was an additional $1,500 which I paid.

Comment

The cost has went up. I was just checking this week. Permobil wants $3,700, Quickie and Quantum was @ $2,800

Comment

I just ordered the Permobil F3 (NuMotion Maryland) three weeks ago thru traditional Medicare. I was told OOP is $1,500.00 for the elevator.
        Last edited by Califanna; 26 Sep 2021, 9:12 PM.

Comment

In 2014, Numotion & my PT/OT told me Medicare has never paid for elevate. I didn't get it then which was a good thing because I got the horrible jerky, rough ride, destroy carpet, & gets stuck in grass M300 (mid wheel drive). In 2019 I got the F3 w/elevate ($1500 out of pocket) because it allows 20 degrees forward tilt. With out elevate, forward tilt is limited to 10 degrees forward. The best out of your pocket option you can get is the USB port ($200 in 2019). I keep an LED light in mine which has greatly reduced hitting door jambs & helps me read food labels. I got the USB for phone charging. The light was an accidental discovery.
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
          Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
            In 2014, Numotion & my PT/OT told me Medicare has never paid for elevate. I didn't get it then which was a good thing because I got the horrible jerky, rough ride, destroy carpet, & gets stuck in grass M300 (mid wheel drive). In 2019 I got the F3 w/elevate ($1500 out of pocket) because it allows 20 degrees forward tilt. With out elevate, forward tilt is limited to 10 degrees forward. The best out of your pocket option you can get is the USB port ($200 in 2019). I keep an LED light in mine which has greatly reduced hitting door jambs & helps me read food labels. I got the USB for phone charging. The light was an accidental discovery.
            Is your F3 a mid wheel drive?

Comment

F is for front wheel drive. M is for mid wheel drive.

Comment

Has anyone had a F3 & M3 Permobil? If so, which did they prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by Califanna View Post
                  I just ordered the Permobil F3 (NuMotion Maryland) three weeks ago thru traditional Medicare. I was told OOP is $1,500.00 for the elevator.
                  That's good news. I was getting my cost from looking at the M3/Quantum/Quickie M700 order forms. I'm getting evaluated for a chair soon and was trying to decide if I was going to spend the money for the elevator. If its $1,500 I will definitely get that option.

Comment

Working...
                  X