Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van ramp weight limit

Two questions,

First one, what is the weight limit on the vans fold out ramp? I only ask because my van is so old, a 1998 Caravan. Just bought a used Permobil M3. specs say 385lbs, I'm 175lb = 560lbs. That's a lot of weight but it seems like there are a lot of people in these type of chairs. So the ramp should be fine. Just thought I'd be safe and ask.

Second, it dawned on me today that the M3 has a metal seat pan, I got a 3" foam cushion. How do you attach the cushion to the chair? Velcro? I've tried stick on velcro once on something else but when you pull the seat off the velcro is so strong the sticky side pulls off instead of coming apart. Really don't like the idea of using epoxy.

One velcro trick you can try, if you have not already, is to use a larger piece of Velcro on the side that peels off. So if the problem is that it peels off the pan, and the Velcro on the cushion is 2" long, make the piece on the pan at least 4" long and be sure the ends do not align.I've solved some problematic applications this way.

Comment

Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
      One velcro trick you can try, if you have not already, is to use a larger piece of Velcro on the side that peels off. So if the problem is that it peels off the pan, and the Velcro on the cushion is 2" long, make the piece on the pan at least 4" long and be sure the ends do not align.I've solved some problematic applications this way.
      Lol, I was thinking about trying something like that today. I think it's worth a try. This cushion is just a cheap temp. Till I figure out what type and thickness I want.

Comment

Try Velcro on the seat pan only, none on the cushion. It should grip enough for the cushion to stay in place yet easily removed. Works for me & my Roho's. BTW, industrial Velcro is all I use when it's peel & stick.
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
        Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Working...
        X