Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those with indwelling catheters, what brand leg bag do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those with indwelling catheters, what brand leg bag do you use?

The Conveen leg bags I use don't last nearly as long as they used to, so I'm curious what brand you all use. How long does the bag last before needing to be changed?
    Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4100.JPG Views:	0 Size:	404.6 KB ID:	2913461

Urocare latex 1000cc bags. If you sanitize them occasionally, they probably last nearly forever! I get one a month and change it out when I replace my suprapubic catheter. I wear it inside, below the knee and put my foot on the bowl to empty.
    PS: never had a puncture and I weld a lot! But the smell of a weld spatter trying to met the latex is pungent! (after burning through my synthetic fabric work pants.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
      Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4100.JPG Views:	0 Size:	404.6 KB ID:	2913461

Urocare latex 1000cc bags. If you sanitize them occasionally, they probably last nearly forever! I get one a month and change it out when I replace my suprapubic catheter. I wear it inside, below the knee and put my foot on the bowl to empty.
      PS: never had a puncture and I weld a lot! But the smell of a weld spatter trying to met the latex is pungent! (after burning through my synthetic fabric work pants.
      Does your supplier offer samples of these bags?

Comment

I have no idea. I get them through my insurance, Medicare, at my local pharmacy
        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
        NW NJ

Comment

Working...
        X