Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affordable accessible shorts / swim trunks and pants

https://smile.amazon.com/Post-Surger...1569831&sr=8-2

Ive been using these as swim trunks since April and couldn’t be happier! They’re polyester so hold up against the chlorine. Thick, soft and smooth with no discernible texture rubbing against my skin. Just got my second pair tho the first pair is only beginning to fade a bit. This company has a website and does pants, shorts and other clothes intended as post-op. Lay them on the chair with front flap down, transfer onto them them snap around yourself. Wonderful!

Thanks for this information! As an oldster I'm always on the lookout for clothing tips and didn't know this type of garment existed. May help with my 5+ trips a day to and from toilet seat.

Comment

You’re very welcome! I searched far and wide for something I could use for going to the Y. (I even found a DIY crafter on Etsy who adapts clothing for her son and will make stuff for us.) I get so sick of how anything “medical” always seems to price gouge and this company as well as this mom are reasonable.

When I’m done swimming, I pull up next to the toilet, unsnap and transfer onto toilet, put a dry towel on my scooter then transfer back and throw on a dress. If you’re a woman, you live in dresses or wrap skirts and say goodbye to underwear. The one advantage women have in this fight. Guys maybe should access their inner Scotsman and don kilts!
      Last edited by Sheri; 20 Sep 2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

😂 Kilts!

Comment

Everyone should adopt the wearing of such garments, abled too. It would save a whole lot of effort and time, I am all for accessible clothing Sheri..especially in those amour situations 😀

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
            😂 Kilts!
            Sarongs or sulus , very sensible clothing

Comment

I once wore a skirt in high school, ~35 years ago, protesting a "no shorts for boys" dress code rule. It was amazing. So comfy. So cool and dry (it was near summer). The cultural evolution that made skirts "girls clothes" did us guys a real disservice.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

kilts also back in bc and ad men wore robes here in florida most of the gals wear dresss here

Comment

Working...
                X