Bard Dispoz-a-bag leg bags discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bard Dispoz-a-bag leg bags discontinued

I found out today that Bard has discontinued producing the disposal-a-bag leg bag. It was on back order for several weeks and after calling I found out that the orders have been canceled and the product discontinued.
    The product has worked well for me for 30+ years plus. Now I need to find an alternative.

I need a drainage bag that works well with a quad hand. The flip clamp was easy for me to use. Now I need to find a new drainage bag.

Do any of you have a recommendation as an alternative option?
    If you think that you can or if you feel you can't, either way your right.

did you find anything close to them
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Not yet,…
      If you think that you can or if you feel you can't, either way your right.

Comment

Check out this Hollister bag kit.

https://www.hollister.com/en/product...mbination-pack

You can get a free sample to check out here: https://www.hollister.com/en/product...-bag---sterile

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• Dreamblvr
          Dreamblvr commented
          Editing a comment
          I spoke with Hollister. Sample is on the way. Thank you for the referral!

I found this on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Tap-Urin...491224&sr=8-14

Last edited by gps; 1 Sep 2021, 6:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamblvr View Post
          I found out today that Bard has discontinued producing the disposal-a-bag leg bag.
          Are you f-ing kidding me?

Somewhere here is the thread I had re problem with Hollister leg bags leaking. I used Hollister for 20 years no problem then they changed something about them that made them leak when used with my leg bag emptier. (Valve open. Tubing pinched by emptier. Leaked from circular area.) So, I switched to Bard and they have performed flawlessly.

Comment

im in same boat guess ill look around

Comment

This looks very similar. I find anything with the flip tab works great. Anything that screws will always open and leak eventually:
              ​​​​​https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012J...b_b_asin_image

Comment

i prefer the screw type as sometimes when transfering i hit the flip thing and it leaks but switched to bard flip when the ones i liked got discontinued

Comment

This solves the problem of the flip flowing accidentally. A bit of glue and a 2 by 2 rubber or something..
                  Last edited by gps; 13 Sep 2021, 8:00 AM.

Comment

I have client's that have used the Hollister bag with relative ease. But I suggest that you contact Bard again and see if they have any suggestions as to what use. It is worth a shot.
                    ckf
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X