Ford transit mobility van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford transit mobility van

Looking for feedback on setting up a Ford transit with side lift, power door, driver and passenger transfer seat. Photos and opinions appreciated
    Sales@rollinginparadise.com

There's only one company that I know of that builds them: https://www.norcalvans.com/products/personal-mobility/

I would imagine they are quite expensive.

Comment

most of the big mobility places are doing them i believe. i know mobility works does them. i remember seeing a few on here
      Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

I looked at them a bit, one weird issue that hurts, the parking brake is an old style pull-up handle, on the inside edge of the driver seat. It gets in the way of trying to use a 6-way transfer base. I forget where, but some "rabbit hole" I followed was a camper van type forum, and they showed a way to lower the handle, it was a multistep process for sure. Don't know if any of the mobility shops are setting them up for us driving them yet.
        "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

I have a Transit 250 med roof cargo. Had a Millennium put in (expensive ordeal), then had it converted to a camper. I was going to do swivel seat, but it didn't work out as I expected, however the parking brake was removed and an electronic one put in. That gives more space to transfer into the seat, but it's still a bit of a stretch. Now there's an ugly spot in the middle, but a dog bed covers it. I think the cabinets make it too short a space for transfer seating. It's expensive too. So it is what it is. I love my van, and did a month long road trip earlier in the year.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Sorry don't know about Transit van set up. How do you get wheelchair close enough to bed?

My husband and I, both in chairs, traveled cross country in our Ford Econoline van decades ago, with a platform bed that went wall to wall in rear of van, head of bed was at rear doors, commode was stored under bed, along with dog and cat. Small folding table was attached to wall near bed - small electric heater as needed on it. Storage shelves along one side of van, partly reachable from bed.

Comment

Working...
            X