Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Permobil M3 less than two weeks, can I give it back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Permobil M3 less than two weeks, can I give it back?

I got a new wheelchair through my insurance by referral of OT evaluation. The chair has a custom ride back to help my scoliosis. There are things about the chair that makes it less functional for my everyday life and mobility. My Invacare TDX has only two lateral supports and probably not setup the best for my scoliosis but it allows me to function and live my daily life without much limitations. I've had adjustments made on the new Permobil and giving it a chance but I think overall I know it's not for me. I'm not sure if the DME Shop will take it back but that would take a burden off of me instead of being stuck with a wheelchair and not being able to get one through insurance for another 5 years. Does anyone know if it's possible to return a chair if it doesn't work for you? Thank you for the feedback, truly appreciated.
    My GoPro videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J...L-yxxXsTXJuKlg

Obvious the big question is how much did you test it and demo it? When you get a new chair its like a good pair of shoes, the new one is not going to feel comfortable like and old aged and chair that has formed just right to your body

I have a new F5 and it is my 2nd chair since Nov...the 1st one had so many issues they replaced it and its taken 5 to 6 times to get adjusted to fit better

Not a mid wheel guy so interesting when I OT/PT push customers to buy?

But most important you want to make sure the chair supports you better vs comfortable so your body doesn't "bend"

If you really dont like the chair yes you can request your money back or funding back

The louder more vocal you are the better chance you have

Comment

Many years ago I got a new M300. After several attempts to correct the horrible caster jerks I told them I didn't want the chair. Horrible to control and was destroying my house. They told me I should have told them the first week I didn't want it. So, if that's Numotions stance on ill fitting chairs, here is my suggestion. Any problems, tell them they have 1 week to fix or replace. Ignore those that defend Numotion. They get benefits from them that regular customers don't.

I sold my M300 for $1200. Used that money for a used C300 which is now a back up to my F3.

Why DME's push mid drive chairs is beyond my understanding. Very few people will spend all of their time on hard & smooth surfaces with 60" doorways.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

I gave it back, it wasn't Numotion. The other company did give me a bit of grief though. But I knew it wasn't for me. I thank God, it is a big burden off my shoulders.i
        My GoPro videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J...L-yxxXsTXJuKlg

Comment

Working...
        X