Peristeen suppliers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peristeen suppliers?

I have been advised that the medical supply company that provides my Coloplast Peristeen supplies suddenly has discontinued providing that service. So, temporarily I am without a Peristeen provider. Coloplast is attempting to find another company to supply their Peristeen equipment and supplies.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? (I am in North Carolina, USA)

Meanwhile, I am watching my remaining supply of catheters slowly dwindle. Of course, I am reusing the catheters.

Fortunately, I have considerable experience with self-administering old-fashioned enemas from a hanging red rubber bag. That process is both difficult and uncomfortable for me, and can be messy, but is my fallback if I run out of catheters. My wife and I had planned to take a short vacation in July, so I will set aside enough catheters for that period.

—John
    (double incontinent)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 10 Jun 2021, 1:56 PM.

Check out:

https://www.owlmedical.com/collectio...nt=29425607299
    https://www.scisupply.ca/products/co...ystem?sku=1388

I've had very good experience with scisupply for my most previous order. Better price than Owl Medical. You'll need to shop the Canadian store, but they will ship to USA with a prescription + $50 shipping fee. I spoke with mike.johnson@scisupply.ca.

Good luck!

Comment

Davey, thank you for your very helpful recommendation. I was not aware of either of those stores.

--John
      (double incontinent)

Comment

As has been mentioned elsewhere, eBay usually offers Peristeen supplies. Most insurance will not cover ad hoc purchases from eBay, but it is good for emergency purchases.

Do note that one should check the expiration date on the catheters offered for sale on eBay as some usually are past their expiry.

Of course, old-fashioned enemas from a hanging red rubber bag still work and cost next to nothing. As many of us "leak,"​retaining enough enema solution for it to be effective may be difficult. It may help to use a "retention nozzle," a somewhat large enema nozzle with an even larger bulbous tip so that it can be held in the rectum. This may not work for many of us, but I mention it as an option.

--John
        (double incontinent)

Comment

I get mine through Byram Health Care.. haven't had an issue .. YET !
          I have some backups, so hit me up if you really start to run low.

Comment

Working...
          X