What do you use to clean your chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you use to clean your chair?

I've tended to be pretty neglectful of my chairs, but I'm trying to get better.

What kinds of products do y'all use to clean your chairs just from everyday wear and tear?

I've used some armorall on my sideguards to shine them up, but it didn't work the best and left my chair smelling very chemically. I have yet to find a good way to clean out the little crevice between the sideguard and whatever you call the plastic piece that goes along the edges of the sideguard. I'd like to shine my tires up nice and pretty like I used to on my cars, but I don't want to make them too slick to use properly.

Anybody got any favorite tips or tricks on cleaning a chair?

Titanium4motion has always impressed with his sharp looking chairs, maybe drop him a line or he may respond?
    I would be keen to learn of an easier way to keep my chair tidy- seems that it attracts dust daily.

Comment

The only time we wipe down my Dad's chair is when we come back from a hospital or clinic. Then we use some sterilizing wipes from Costco or Clorox wipes.

Comment

I just use an air compressor most of the time. Hitting it with a compressor (at the same time I'm topping off my tires - weekly) knocks all the dust and particulate off quite easily, and out of places not easily reached in other ways. If it's really bad I'll just ride it into the shower, and shower in it, washing it along with myself, then use the air to blow the water outta all the nooks and crannies.

("But what about the bearings?!?", I hear you thinking. I can count on 2 fingers of one hand the number of times I've had to replace a bearing on a chair, because it failed on me, over the past 15 years, so I think it's OK. I usually do a full bearing service every year or two, anyway.)

Occasionally I'll take a warm, wet (well wrung out) wash cloth and wipe down the tires, wheels, spokes, and hubs. They tend to collect mess that doesn't fully blow off with high pressure air.

I can't recall ever using "products" other than air and water. I do toss the soft bits of the back rest and cushion etc into the washing machine every so often.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Air compressor and windex

Comment

scotchbrite pad on the Titanium make it look like new.
            T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

a rag with some alcohol works nicely of anything rubber or all push rims.

Comment

Working...
              X