No announcement yet.

One dopey question, maybe two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valid observations Odd. I have measured the distance between the downtube centre and the caster angle adjuster centre on a 18 x 18 ZR and a 16 x 16 TR frame. Both examples read close enough to 80mm centers. Another friends 16 x 16 ZR measures at 65mm
    Last edited by slow_runner; 5 Jun 2021, 7:44 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=slow_runner;n2910015]
      Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
      AFAIK they only stretch the frame and leave the relationship of everything in the from the same.
      When I ordered my aluminum chair, trying to keep it as close tony original Ti Lite? sport?, they insisted I needed an extra inch.
      It counts! This chair has much more trouble maneuvering. [ /QUOTE]

Is that the chair in your 'Transforming a scooter' thread pfcs49? What is the seat/frame configuration of that chair and could you measure that relationship between the caster and axle centre for me? I want to see how it relates to this trial example. I have the shipping specs to calculate/compare with its current setting.
      I will measure and compare with the 2GX also - that is a long chair that I find works OK for me, yet I haven't measured that caster to axle relationship.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_62701 -.jpg Views:	0 Size:	307.8 KB ID:	2910016
      ~18.5"
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

~18.5"
        That is a distance Phil.
        Last edited by slow_runner; 5 Jun 2021, 11:35 PM.

Comment

DELETED BY Slow Runner; quoted for clarity:

"Hi Phil, I decided to send this as a private message rather than post as a reply to you in my thread. I am not trying to teach an old dog new tricks here. You have spoken of your new chair being difficult to maneuver. From that image you posted, it appears that you have neutral or negative COG giving you a long wheel base which wouldn't help, not forgetting to mention possible propelling problems. What was your reason for selecting such a COG?
          Being that you are an amputee, is more COG problematic Phil?"

Not a problem on this chair. I ran low caster weight, but the amputation made that a problem,
          On this chair, the axle bracket can be moved, so no problem. And, I wanted a little more fore-weight anyway; it sucked going up inclines and I also need more fore-weight for the scooter's traction. (I got this chair long before the leg amputation) So I moved the axle back.

The chair is big! Not only is it long, the stupid caster stem mount implementation and the convex tubes to it get them in the way of all kinds of unnecessary shit! Dif I tell you this chair sucks?!

The older Ti Sport to lite or whatever the fuck it is (I need a primer on Ti models names and configs!) has only 3 axle positions. I moved it to the rear one and had to adjust the back to get where I now needed to be. I don't like that the axle now isn't centered on the bracket and have avoided big curb drops for fear it might slowly fail.
          Otherwise, I love the old chair. I'd love to find another like it!
          Last edited by pfcs49; 6 Jun 2021, 12:07 AM.
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Not a problem on this chair. I ran low caster weight, but the amputation made that a problem,
            On this chair, the axle bracket can be moved, so no problem. And, I wanted a little more fore-weight anyway; it sucked going up inclines and I also need more fore-weight for the scooter's traction.

The older Ti Sport to lite or whatever the fuck it is (I need a primer on Ti models names and configs!) has only 3 axle positions. I moved it to the rear one and had to adjust the back to get where I now needed to be. I don't like that the axle now isn't centered on the bracket and have avoided big curb drops for fear it might slowly fail. Otherwise, I love the old chair. I'd love to find another like it!
            Have you got a good picture of that chair?
            In post #10 "AFAIK they only stretch the frame and leave the relationship of everything in the from the same.
            When I ordered my aluminum chair, trying to keep it as close tony original Ti Lite? sport?, they insisted I needed an extra inch.
            It counts! This chair has much more trouble maneuvering."
            Is that the chair in the previous image post # 17? That chair in #17, the distance between the downtube centre and the caster angle adjuster centre looks to be consistent with the other chairs I have measured.
            Given what Odd has said, maybe DU100062 is more for when a client wishes to alter track or to give some wriggle room?

Comment

Working...
            X