Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Urine/Catheter Bag Bed Hanging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight Urine/Catheter Bag Bed Hanging?

I need a new way to hang my Bard 4000ml bag off the side of the bed. Those hook clips are not made strong enough anymore. Any Ideas?
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Can you just rest the bag in a basin or bucket on the floor or a stool? Many people like this method as urine is contained if there is a leak as well. (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yeah, I' ve used a bucket before. I just glue gunned these metal hooks to my bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210516_140253.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	2909417
      "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good. I'd also suggest writing the company to give them feedback on their hook flimsiness. Also, be sure that with any urinary drainage bag that the tubing never hangs below the level of the urine in the bag (called a dependent loop). (KLD)

It already fell off. I will give it another try. I may need to screw it in.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        You might want to do SuperGlue or Gorilla Glue instead. (KLD)

We also like the bucket option for my Dad's 4L bag. Those things can get heavy....

Comment

I haven't had an issue with the hooks but I always keep a square shaped plastic basin underneath just in case. Wood floors wouldn't appreciate a spill very much.

Comment

Why do companies change things? Rhetorical question. BARD night drainage bags use to have a small, diagonal plastic piece in the drainage bubble years ago. It was great because it prevented a "drip, drip, drip" noise in the silence of night. Removing it, I surmise, saved the 0.01 cents / bag. Gee thanks - just leave your product as is and charge accordingly. My beds low enough that I can hang it (by one hook to create a slant and prevent the dripping noise) and bottom rests in a little plastic tub just in case as others have mentioned.

Comment

I velcroed this hook to the bed under the mattress and its working well so far.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210520_181834.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	2909536

Comment

Working...
            X