Good air cushions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good air cushions?

Hey guys. For the 12 years I’ve used ROHO and had good luck with not getting pressure sore but I’ve probable bought 8-10 of them over those years and have 2 that still hold air after being repaired. I’ve even had internal valve leaks that can’t be fixed and off warranty of course. And I even buy ROHO heavy duty cushion cover to protect the cushion and use the standard cushion over that to make transfer easier. I’ve trialed other cushions like foam and air/foam but nothing works like ROHO. Are there other air cushions out there minus all the air leaks. Wish ROHO make their rubber thicker and have a better product.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

https://randscot.com/cushions.
    Have you tried a Stimulite cushion?

Comment

If roho works for you I think the best thing (assuming it’s financially feasible) is to have a couple spare air bladders and replace them every year or so. I had similar experience with roho, and only switched because I had a puncture I couldn’t repair and I was in a bad spot.

Oddity saved my ass (literally) by next daying me a spare cushion he had. I moved away from rohos after that, but I’d consider going back if I started to have skin issues. If I were to ever do so I’d be sure to have at least one spare air bladder at all times plus a quality backup cushion.

Comment

I'm stuck on Rohos. I have a pair and a spare! (one on car chair, one on house chair + spare)

Good thing! A few days ago, welding something, I popped a cell.
        The hole was 2mm and I was afraid of using the Roho patch; I used Tech tire glue and a conventional patch.
        I was concerned that the glue would melt/weaken the Roho but all seems OK.
        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
        NW NJ

Comment

I use the Vicare O2 https://www.vicair.com/

Comment

I haven't found anything perfect. So I use the 4" ROHO Quatro Select.

Comment

I try just about every thing that comes out. I try to do a thorough evaluation. Nothing tops the Roho high profiles. The issue of them leaking always comes up. Based on a discussion several SCIs had a few years back, there are grounds for a serious research study. It seemed that leaks were much more prevalent among quads compared to paras. Also, there appeared to be a relationship with transfer ability. Those who really struggled to transfer seemed to have more leaks. This is all anecdotal, but seems to make sense. If the cells are being pulled and twisted to extremes when sliding off the cushion, the rubber is going to be stressed. I raise this issue because I am a quad. I always kept a backup cushion handy because leaks were a regular problem. However, I have been transferring with a ceiling lift for the past 8 years. It lifts me straight up off the cushion. I have not had a leak since I started using the lift! To me, this seems to be more than a coincidence. This should be checked out using an acceptable research protocol.

Comment

I recently purchased the new Roho Hybrid Select. It is a combination foam and air cell cushion. I love it. There are three groups of air cells behind the front foam and you can remove the middle one, which takes ALL pressure off the IT area. There is nothing under me there but the nylon cover. I recently got over a stage 2 pressure sore in about 6 weeks, sitting part of the day.

My experience mirrors that of others who say it is important how you transfer. I can stand and used to often plop down on the cushion pretty hard. I was going through one about every 2 years. Since I learned to lower myself more slowly they last longer.

Comment

Working...
                X