Compatible chairs for driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatible chairs for driving

Well, it's getting close to being time for me to consider driving from my wheelchair. The transfers are starting to be problematic. I know my current chair isn't capable of being setup for this. Was looking around for a quality used chair that can be fitting for driving from. I like the Permobile M3 and the Quickie Q700. They both have at least 3" ground clearance.

I was curious what chairs that people who are driving from their chair are using. Also any advise will be welcomed.

Really??? No one. That's surprising.

Comment

Hey Wes. I drive a Permobil F3, previously a Permobil F4. Personally I favor the F3 as it is smaller and able to make 90 degree turns. My van is a Honda with Q Staint docking system.
      You C.A.N.
      Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Pretty much anything that fits behind the wheel. Have you tried searching the site. I think people get exhausted answering the same questions over and over.
        "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
        T5/6 complete

Comment

I use a Permobil F3 and drive a Pacifica(Rollx conversion) and there is plenty of room. I had a Honda Odyssey previously. When I bought the Honda I had a Permobil C300 and it worked OK but a little tight. I got a Permobil F3 and I was too tall so my head was basically touching ceiling and not as much room width wise. I ended up buying the Pacifica after a year driving crouched over in the Odyssey and am much happier. The Permobil F3 has much better suspension than the C300 and the Pacifica is a much better van than the Odyssey was. Win win.

Comment

milton,

Thanks for the reply. So far both people use a front wheel drive chair. Is this just a coincidence or is it more suited for driving over a mid wheel chair?

Comment

I use a mid and a front drive. No difference from my point of view.
              "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
              T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
                I use a mid and a front drive. No difference from my point of view.
                You drive from both??

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Well not at the same time. But yes either one works. Depends which one I am in that day.
                  T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
                    Well not at the same time. But yes either one works. Depends which one I am in that day.
                    lol

What model chairs???

Comment

F3 front drive and a Quickie Pulse 6 mid wheel drive. My van is a 2016 Toyota Sienna side entry folding ramp.
                      Last edited by Rook98006; 5 May 2021, 11:02 AM.
                      T5/6 complete

Comment

Working...
                      X