TiLite VS Quicky getting new chair this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TiLite VS Quicky getting new chair this summer

i'm due for a new chair this summer, been using TiLite AeroZ for the last 5 years. Any new advancements ? My chair was measured incorrectly its not wide enough and a little short for my liking. I still prefer my old Quicky GT from 10 years ago. I think i'm just gonna have them copy that chair. What i like about TiLite is their arm rest are mounted to the frame unlike Quickies which are mounted to the back rest so every time you do pressure relief the whole back go back and forth, or have they changed that design since ? what brand do you prefer and why? My insurance is Medicare/ Humana so they will probably only cover the basic chair like AeroZ or Quicky GT.

If you're planning on copying a Quickie to a TiLite, be super specific about the distance from the front of the back rest canes to the leading edge of the footrest (measured along the seat angle, to an imaginary line coming straight up, perpendicular, from the front edge of the footrest.) We've come to call this the Occupied Frame Length (OFL), and some manufacturers are beginning to adopt it. (That is a measurement available on the TiLite CAD drawings if you ask for it.)

It's generally a 'non-standard' measurement, but is incredibly important, especially when trying to translate measurements between brands. E.g. Quickie, by default, without specifying to do so, adds a considerable amount of length to the upper frame rails, on the GT, beyond the seat upholstery, prior to the down bend to the footrest; resulting in an OFL far longer than a TiLite of the same seat depth (TiLite only adds ~.5" for front bend angles 85deg or less.) In order to translate the seated geometry between the 2 brands of chairs, you'll need to specifically ask TiLite for an OFL that matches your old GT, and specifically ask that they add length to the upper frame rails, beyond the upholstery, for them to achieve it.

Good luck! I recently got a TiLite using Medicare/Humana ('Advantage Plan') and it was a decidedly painless process. I went in well equipped, though, with the chair's order form already completely spec'd correctly to my wishes. Leave as little to the DME as possible and it's usually easy. And you're correct, they'll only pay for a "basic" K0005 coded chair (like a GT or an Aero etc), generally speaking. Some incredibly squeaky wheels have gotten a bit more out of them, but it's not typically the case.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

They use to make a Quickie arm rest that fit in a socket on the back of the frame. You might check on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
        If you're planning on copying a Quickie to a TiLite, be super specific about the distance from the front of the back rest canes to the leading edge of the footrest (measured along the seat angle, to an imaginary line coming straight up, perpendicular, from the front edge of the footrest.) We've come to call this the Occupied Frame Length (OFL), and some manufacturers are beginning to adopt it. (That is a measurement available on the TiLite CAD drawings if you ask for it.)

It's generally a 'non-standard' measurement, but is incredibly important, especially when trying to translate measurements between brands. E.g. Quickie, by default, without specifying to do so, adds a considerable amount of length to the upper frame rails, on the GT, beyond the seat upholstery, prior to the down bend to the footrest; resulting in an OFL far longer than a TiLite of the same seat depth (TiLite only adds ~.5" for front bend angles 85deg or less.) In order to translate the seated geometry between the 2 brands of chairs, you'll need to specifically ask TiLite for an OFL that matches your old GT, and specifically ask that they add length to the upper frame rails, beyond the upholstery, for them to achieve it.

Good luck! I recently got a TiLite using Medicare/Humana ('Advantage Plan') and it was a decidedly painless process. I went in well equipped, though, with the chair's order form already completely spec'd correctly to my wishes. Leave as little to the DME as possible and it's usually easy. And you're correct, they'll only pay for a "basic" K0005 coded chair (like a GT or an Aero etc), generally speaking. Some incredibly squeaky wheels have gotten a bit more out of them, but it's not typically the case.
        so thats why i feel like i'm sitting too far forward compared to my quicky gt, thanks for the heads up i'll make sure to tell them that.
        Last edited by NoobisMaximus; 2 Apr 2021, 1:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X