Foot plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foot plate

Hi I have a newer tilite zra ti and I can’t seem to adjust it to where my feet don’t fall off or slide forward off the foot plate . So does anyone have any thing that has helped with this but still not something I have to remove to transfer as I have a rubber flexible thing I tie around and it works but I don’t use it much and don’t like the extra step of removing the wire when transferring so any help I’m open to

Originally posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    Hi I have a newer tilite zra ti .......I have a rubber flexible thing I tie around and it works but I don't use it much and don't like the extra step of removing the wire when transferring so any help I'm open to
    Hi Jeramie, how are you keeping?
    I'm looking at either a ZRA or TRA. As I have been accustomed to the removable footplates on my 2GX when transferring, I am thinking on using the flip back footplate option.
    Extended, with a support bar that I am hoping will double as a foot restraint.

About your ZRA Jeramie, I'm trying to visualise what you mean with your description, do you have an image that will clearly show what you speak of?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 1 Apr 2021, 5:47 PM.

Comment

You can get stick-on sheets that have abrasive material on the top-side. I did that on a chair once but was a little concerned about what it might do to bare feet. They are for ladders or slippery surfaces. I think 3M has them.
      My last chair covered the foot-plate with the wooly side of Velcro and that seems to help a lot.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

An angle adjustable footrest can help with this. My drop foot + clonus + spasticity means I need a bit of angle on my footplate to reliably keep my feet on, specially with bumps or fast-ish ramp transitions.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Traction material for stairs, yoga mat foam (cheap at walmart) glued to foot rest.

Comment

Working...
          X