Foot plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foot plate

Hi I have a newer tilite zra ti and I can’t seem to adjust it to where my feet don’t fall off or slide forward off the foot plate . So does anyone have any thing that has helped with this but still not something I have to remove to transfer as I have a rubber flexible thing I tie around and it works but I don’t use it much and don’t like the extra step of removing the wire when transferring so any help I’m open to

Originally posted by Jeramie630 View Post
    Hi I have a newer tilite zra ti .......I have a rubber flexible thing I tie around and it works but I don't use it much and don't like the extra step of removing the wire when transferring so any help I'm open to
    Hi Jeramie, how are you keeping?
    I'm looking at either a ZRA or TRA. As I have been accustomed to the removable footplates on my 2GX when transferring, I am thinking on using the flip back footplate option.
    Extended, with a support bar that I am hoping will double as a foot restraint.

About your ZRA Jeramie, I'm trying to visualise what you mean with your description, do you have an image that will clearly show what you speak of?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 1 Apr 2021, 5:47 PM.

Comment

You can get stick-on sheets that have abrasive material on the top-side. I did that on a chair once but was a little concerned about what it might do to bare feet. They are for ladders or slippery surfaces. I think 3M has them.
      My last chair covered the foot-plate with the wooly side of Velcro and that seems to help a lot.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

An angle adjustable footrest can help with this. My drop foot + clonus + spasticity means I need a bit of angle on my footplate to reliably keep my feet on, specially with bumps or fast-ish ramp transitions.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Traction material for stairs, yoga mat foam (cheap at walmart) glued to foot rest.

Comment

Thanks for all the help sorry I don’t get on here often.. but I did get the footrest to move up so it’s no longer close to the ground but I’m tryin to figure out how to keep my feet from moving off , the sandpaper thing might work but might try to angle the footrest I’m not sure what will work as my foot falls off just when I’m goin over bumps or up a ramp

Comment

Originally posted by Jeramie630 View Post
              Thanks for all the help sorry I don’t get on here often.. but I did get the footrest to move up so it’s no longer close to the ground but I’m tryin to figure out how to keep my feet from moving off , the sandpaper thing might work but might try to angle the footrest I’m not sure what will work as my foot falls off just when I’m goin over bumps or up a ramp
              I got a molded plastic piece with raised sides on my current chair (it’s an option with TiLite). I intended it as something to keep my feet from shifting sideways and interfering with the casters, but I got very lucky and it’s just a tad narrower than the width of my shoes. So I put my feet in it and shove them back a little and it locks them into place with just a little friction on the soles of my shoes.

if you’re even mildly handy with making things you could get some kydex and a heat gun and make something to perfectly fit your feet. I just happened to be the exact right size for mine so it seems unlikely an off the rack plastic piece (idk what it’s called) would fit you.

Comment

Is this what you are speaking of Funk? It attaches to your footplate; there is also a velcro cover that can be purchased that fits the moulded unit.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	TiLite molded plastic piece -.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	2909777

Comment

Originally posted by slow_runner View Post
                  Is this what you are speaking of Funk? It attaches to your footplate; there is also a velcro cover that can be purchased that fits the moulded unit.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	TiLite molded plastic piece -.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	2909777

I use something exactly like that, but it has a 1/2" closed cell foam lining, for bare feet. It's called "WheelComfort" or something. It's too expensive so I'm making its replacement out of 1/8" Kydex (low temp thermoform-able plastic.) It attaches with Velcro and never moves unless I move it for wearing shoes. And added bonus to pressure management for the balls of my feet, it also takes up the same amount of vertical space that my shoes do, so it keeps my ankles at a consistent angle, with, or without, shoes. 👍
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                    You can get stick-on sheets that have abrasive material on the top-side. I did that on a chair once but was a little concerned about what it might do to bare feet. They are for ladders or slippery surfaces. I think 3M has them.
                    My last chair covered the foot-plate with the wooly side of Velcro and that seems to help a lot.
                    That is exactly the adaptation I use. I used to wrap the abrasive tape all the way around the (titanium) footplate, but discovered that it wore a hole in my shoes from when I stand.

Comment

Thanks I really like that idea that plastic part would help a lot . I some how bent my titanium single sided fork to where is almost completely sideways witch is messed up cus I’m not sure what kinda force I did to beable to bend it and titanium usually breaks if bent without heat so it’s really weird. But I’m goin to wheelchair clink for that and to make my chair more comfortable so maybe I’ll have them order the foot plate if not like you guys said a piece of kydex would be easy to mold for it.

Comment

I made a foot plate out of an aluminum door kick plate (8" x 34", enough for two) from the big box hardware store. Easy to bend without heat. I covered mine with the sticky-back non-skid from a skateboard shop and mounted it to my Tilite flip back footrest with double-stick tape ten years ago. It's still there. It's probably not necessary, but I covered the edges with plastic U-shaped edge trim.

Comment

I can report that if you wear only socks, the hard/gripping side of Velcro is very effective at locking your foot as long as you have the ability to lift your leg and foot up and off. It doesn't grip super tight like Velcro on Velcro but it is plenty adhesive. If it's too much, you could experiment with narrower strips until finding the best compromise.
                          I wear pressure stocking on my one leg. I put a strip on the rim of the toilet because more than once I had my foot fell into the bowl!
                          NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                            I put a strip on the rim of the toilet because more than once I had my foot fell into the bowl!
                            No matter ho hard I try I cannot imagine how your foot might fall into the bowl. Please post a video.🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post

No matter ho hard I try I cannot imagine how your foot might fall into the bowl. Please post a video.🤣🤣🤣
                              My leg-bag is strapped to my calf; to shoot it into the bowl requires my foot to "rest" on the side of it. There's a significant pre-load on it. It wants to either go into the bowl, or on a really bad day, after unscrewing the valve, it can land on the floor while urine pours out!

NW NJ

Comment

Working...
                              X