Cushion for hot tub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cushion for hot tub?

Hello all! I'm a T-9 para. My new home has a hot tub that I plan to use but would like to have something for cushion as the seats are just too hard for my skinny butt now lol. I should also mention I do fine with hot tubs with my injury as I know some SCI individuals don't. Does anyone have suggestions or a history with cushioning for a hot tub seat?
    Thanks in advance!

Tim

I've used a Stimulite Contour Select in the past. I have one I modified for shower use (opened all the 'honeycomb' holes on the bottom surface so water can more freely flow through). That worked great. Forget about trying to use anything that would soak up water (I.e. open fell foam) or that uses air cells (I.e. Roho) Our natural buoyancy helps in the pressure relief department, too, when we are mostly submerged.

(Once on vacation, I just yanked the same type of cushion (Not modified) off my chair to use in a hot tub. Big mistake. The cushion was so full of grit and grime (was rolling around Hawaii off road for days) it created a skim coat of debris floating atop the water. It was gross.)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I use a Jay Protector getting in and out that I drag my butt and worry about injury. I built a little platform next the the tub get me a bit higher the help the transfer.

Comment

Hello, been using this https://www.sailrite.com/Foam-Closed...-1-2-x-56-x-24 closed cell foam for shower chair cushion (and back), pool lounger(sometimes plastic is to hard) and as a cushion for any hard surface especially when transfering. This one is firm but not hard, its more firm'ish, use to to transfer from wheelchair to chair or lounger to floor then slip in the pool, then reverse the process to get back in the wheelchair. Also very buoyant, easy to cut to size with utility knife, used it for more then 10 years very happy with it.
        c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Comment

I like these for any situation where more protection is needed. Cut to fit.

https://www.amazon.com/World-Watersp...6454165&sr=8-9
          "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
          T5/6 complete

Comment

I use a gallon size zip-lock freezer bag filled with water.
            T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

Working...
            X