Mysterious chair part, help identify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysterious chair part, help identify?

I am currently in a Tilite and wondering if this little piece managed to fall off my chair. Can anyone help me identify what mechanical purpose this has and if it is possibly from my chair? I have a difficult time inspecting the underbellies of my chair so hopefully I can fix the issue before I have to call the dreadful NuMotion folks.

I've had my TiLite entirely apart and I don't recognize that piece. What specific model is it? We can potentially look through the exploded parts manual diagrams on Permobil's site for it.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Now that I've actually had a chance to get out of the chair for the first time today, I agree with everyone else. This is definitely the pin for locking the backrest.
      Last edited by ToastGuard; 18 Mar 2021, 8:32 PM.

Comment

To me it looks like where the back rest lock hooks around and locks to.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
          Good call. It really does. Unfortunately the latest version backrest doesn't seem to be in the parts diagrams yet.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
            I third this.

Looks just like the piece that my tilite back rest lock bar latches on to. Except with the my new "precision" back rest it is welded in, so when I broke one I had to go through a 2 month ordeal with the DME and pay a $776.50 copay to have both hinges replaced. I'd much rather have one like in the picture that could be swapped out with an allen key.

That was enough for me to decide that my next chair will not have a foldable back and will NOT come from Permobil if there is anyway I can avoid it.

Comment

Bravo guys! You were all spot on here and I appreciate your super expedient feedback. Attached are the photos of the repaired status. A simple hex key did the trick and I am thankful that the threads were intact and nothing was compromised.

Now, any tips on how to keep my chair cleaner?? I was thinking of investing in detailer's brushes. All those nooks and crannies on a rigid back are a nightmare. If I didn't need the RIDE cushion, I'd go back to nylon upholstery in a heartbeat.

I love you guys, you're always so knowledgeable and helpful to this damsel <3

Comment

How about a steam cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by nauticalmike View Post
                  How about a steam cleaner?
                  NONONO. Steam will trash the bearings. An air compressor works well. You can get a small one at Harbor Freight that puts out 150 psi. A small air gun to go with it. Good to air up tires too.

Comment

Working...
                  X