Wheelchair Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair Clothing

No one would confuse me as wearing outrageous hip clothing, however, other than jeans, there does not seem to be good, stylish shirts, polos that don’t require tucking into trousers. Have a parapot belly, so slim cuts are not I want. Where and what wheelchair clothing do you purchase?
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

The only “wheelchair clothing” I wear is made to measure jeans. Last time I bought them they were $80 or so including shipping from India. Hard to find a pair of pants off the rack that are 31 waist and 37 inseam and (most importantly) not super skinny legs. I’m from the generation that rocked Jncos and refuse to even consider trying to stuff my paralyzed legs into a pair of skintight denim yoga pants.

MTM shirts are a thing too, though I have no problem with store bought ones. No matter the shirt I don’t think it’s going to suck in your gut. That’s why I’ve got an abdominal binder for formal occasions, lol.

Comment

Rolitex they're based in Europe and have been the best I've found so far

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess you mean Rollitex, which is based in Germany (like Rolli-Moden). Certainly not inexpensive, and shipping would need to be added to the price: https://www.rollitex.co.uk
        (KLD)

Funk lab, AKA, Daddy Long Legs: Found Rollimoden jeans on EBay, bought two pairs. Great fit for me, 40X35+*
      have regular front pockets plus two thigh pocket, not skinny legs—I come with two attached. Well made, better than Adaptation by Adrian. L(ooked at No Tuckit shirts, too expensive. What about shoes? Been buying sued type slippers that open to toe,, Velcro closures*, a bit pricy, fortunately they last for years, never resoled
      You C.A.N.
      Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Originally posted by wazabiker View Post
        Funk lab, AKA, Daddy Long Legs: Found Rollimoden jeans on EBay, bought two pairs. Great fit for me, 40X35+*
        have regular front pockets plus two thigh pocket, not skinny legs—I come with two attached. Well made, better than Adaptation by Adrian. L(ooked at No Tuckit shirts, too expensive. What about shoes? Been buying sued type slippers that open to toe,, Velcro closures*, a bit pricy, fortunately they last for years, never resoled
        Looked those up. They’re like $100 plus per pair. I can get them significantly cheaper than that and get to pick from dozens of different denim weights and colors and stitching colors and pocket styles. Plus I get it made to my exact measurements (to be fair after a couple tries and fails) rather than an off the rack fit. Only downside is no fancy wheeler thigh pockets.

Comment

The Rolli Moden were$75 a pair less than others without the extras including belt loops watch pocket. These are metal zipper fly, hence no gaps, better fit. They are heavier denim than those made especially for summer wear. I too buy off the rack shirts
          You C.A.N.
          Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I use Rolli-Moden. They are reliable. However, I do not know anything about fashion, so I cannot speak to that aspect.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
              SCI-Nurse commented
              Editing a comment
              So you order from Europe? I wasn't aware they had any USA dealers. (KLD)

• xsfxsf
              xsfxsf commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I have to order from Europe. They had a U.S. dealer many years ago if I recall correctly, but it closed.

You can also have a tailor or good seamstress add a gusset, gore, or godet to the lower back of your shirts and jackets to give more belly room, without having to buy a shirt that is too big across the shoulders to accommodate that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsQPJZu29Iw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMgWpsbztA

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

walmart sold wheelchair jeans abl demin and they were but moore for para than quad

Comment

I have good luck with Rollitex. Just buy a few pairs of jeans at the same time to spread out the shipping cost and use paypal -- paypal has a program whereby they'll pay up to $30 for returns (but you must sign up to the program before you order). Also, try IZAdaptive, based in Toronto. If their SML sizing works for you, they have some nice clothing.

Comment

Working...
                X