Which TiLite chair do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those HOC chairs sure look something.
    There has been no movement yet on the chair; I guess a trial or two of the possible options will allow me a better appreciation of each chairs attributes.
    I must say that I am not enjoying this 'new stage' life of paraplegia- it is taking some getting used to.

Comment

My O.T came today with the local technician and a trial ZRA. I will report back in a while when I have had some time to get a feel for it. A TRA for comparison would be nice.... 3am, time to zzzz

Comment

deleted as i already posted n the thread.

Comment

No worries Patrick. I reread your earlier post and your enthusiasm for the TR and dislike for the ZRA .
          It has only been a half day since receiving the trial so any initial judgements need a time to percolate.
          I have no reference to compare the tubing diameter difference as when transferring off and on to my 2GX, the cushion or wheel are my load points.
          At this point I will be choosing either a ZRA or TRA as much for their being adjustable, as for my lack of confidence in locking in a fixed frame for the next foreseeable future.
          The trial chair comes with a Roho Agility back and a Roho Hybrid Elite SR cushion. My immediate sense is that the Roho seems to be doing an alright job of biasing my more useless right leg so it doesn't load up on the chair frame tubes; a wedge of foam may improve.
          I want to stay with 559 wheels and 0 camber is still the order for maneuvering in this home.
          I am accustomed to my 2GX and the ability to remove the footplates when transferring or when requiring close-up positioning would be missed.
          Thinking...the footplate on this chair is too far back for me, so maybe another 1" frame length and or the angle of the front tubes need changing?
          What is the feeling on Flip back footplates?
          The chair feels tall. That may be the new cushion. The side guards are well below the tyre height.
          Do TiLite lower the frames?

More questions, discoveries and confirmations to follow.
          P.S. note to self. Check the serial number on this trial chair to discover its specifications.
          Last edited by slow_runner; 25 Mar 2021, 9:53 PM.

Comment

Separately I put both chairs up on the table then noted measurements for comparison
            I configured this chair to closer specs akin to my 2GX which gave some improvement. The Hybrid Elite cushion is something else; with either amounts of dump,it continues to give the impression of siting on the chair rather than in it, and that Agility back? It needs further adjustment too - maybe its an unfamiliarity thing?
            Another bug for me are that transfers from this chair are not nearly as comfortable as from the 2GX, where I can remove the foot plates or swing them well away. This new physical condition doesn't help either.
            In that regard, I have been looking at Designs Unlimited for footplate options.

Comment

Working...
            X