ZX-1 Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX-1 Arms

Quick question. It looks like the ZX-1 arm rest are removable, but I don't think I could do it while sitting in the chair. So do they swing away for transfers or are you not suppose to transfer while attached?

they are tubular with a "U" shaped pair of cutouts on the bottom. Lift one up about a half inch and it becomes free to swing around. I do this all the time when I need to reach for something and the arm limits my reaching. The left one, with nothing on it can be lifted in and out whenever yo want; the right one is constrained by the wiring harness for the joystick. There's a simple plug in-line in the harness near the socket for that arm that un-snaps so the arm can be removed but I doubt you'll want to or even can do that from the chair.

Edit: and now it occurs to me that if I swung the left arm out over my bed it might be a handy thing for that transfer-although it would have to be pulled out so I could lay down. Hmmm
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Yes just standard swing away just lift up and swing them out very easy to get them out of the way.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Thanks guys. My main purpose of buying a ZX-1 would be for around the house, inside and out. Already got power chair for when I leave the house, but they're not very functional around the house. Like, I can't pick up something when I drop it. Being a quad that happens a lot!!! lol

Also I have a very narrow kitchen, my other power chairs are a real pain to turn around.

Comment

Working...
        X