Recommendations for Touchless Catheters and Gentamicin Instillation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for Touchless Catheters and Gentamicin Instillation

For those who use "Touchless Catheters" for intermittent CIC and also do instillation ( gentamicin, etc). Do you have a preference for Touchless cath?

I see a lot of negative comments about Bard so I intend to avoid them. I am seeing several positive comments on the "Hollister VaPro Touch-Free".

My current urological supplier handles Cure , Rouch, and Coloplast. A rep said the Rouch is the most popular seller.
    I assume I cannot use a closed system if I do instillation due to lack of access to catheter end tip?

I appreciate any and all opinions and advice.
    Thanks

Definitely go with the va pro. You'll need to cut the bag off when you're doing your instills but still super worth it . It's absolutely impossible to touch the actual catheter
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      Definitely go with the va pro. You'll need to cut the bag off when you're doing your instills but still super worth it . It's absolutely impossible to touch the actual catheter
      Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Using a close system and doing instillation should maximize preventative measures. Wasn’t sure about if the bag was workable but you’ve given me the solution.

Greatly appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Using a close system and doing instillation should maximize preventative measures. Wasn’t sure about if the bag was workable but you’ve given me the solution.

Greatly appreciate.
        yes sir. i cath, fill the bag then cut it off right around the big end of the cath then instill. leave syring tip in end of cath while removing the cath so nothing comes out
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post

yes sir. i cath, fill the bag then cut it off right around the big end of the cath then instill. leave syring tip in end of cath while removing the cath so nothing comes out
          Sounds good, I've got a couple closed systems as samples and going to be trying tonight. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X