axle pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axle pins

hey guys gals the axle pin on my right wheel will not release you all suggested wd 40 and a few other nothing worked . ti lite said i would have to cut off

when you push button it it does not release. how do you cut it off help would a auto repair be able to

What chair do you have?
    Try some PB Blaster (available at car parts store, wally world.) Turn chair on its side so, oil can run down into the inside of the pin. If that doesn't work get some Freeze-off. Its at some car parts places, but not all. Read the instructions on it. If you cut the pin, you will have a bear of a time getting it out.
    Can you grab the nut on the push pin end and turn the pin to see if its corroded into the axle housing?

Comment

ti lite tr i have put wd 40 down it thats what i thought about cutting will try

Comment

You might be able to take the left side off, insert a long dowel rod into the camber tube, and use a hammer to beat the pin out of the right side, from the left.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

well earlier you all suggested wd 40 down th tube along with a silcone wd well we were cleaning the left side checked everything cleaned them i said lets try the right lol came of slicker than goose grease. she cleaned it up and then we cleaned inside the axle will need to replace a bearing though. . i guess it took time for it to work down

thank you all

Comment

It takes time for penetrants like WD40 or the better ones like PB Blaster, Inox, Corrosion X, Penetrene to get into the gunk and soften it so the balls can drop inside axle.

You'll be best to soak the whole axle in kerosene or petrol for a day, and make sure you clean all the gunk out of the axle tube with denatured alcohol. Then coat axle lightly with oil (not WD40 as that attracts moisture and dirt) then reinstall it again. Remove weekly for a couple of times to ensure it stays functional, then monthly clean is advised. A bit of maintenance on our equipment beats trying to fix bit that get jammed or lost. Same with bearings - better to replace earlier (when they start to make any gritty or grinding noises) than after they fail and leave you with a jammed wheel bearing. Bearings are cheaper than most people think.
            Glad you got it all loose.
            Just love inventing stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X