Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Tried A Resting Postural Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Tried A Resting Postural Support?

Hello,
    Has anyone on here tried a Resting Postural Support (RSP) from Aspen Seating and Ride Designs? I am thinking about getting one and would like to hear from anyone who has ever tried one of them. I am hoping that the RSP will enable me to lie on my back for an hour or more at a time. I currently spend about 22hrs a day lying on my stomach because it is painful for me to sit in my wheelchair or lie on my back. I tried a low air loss mattress and a fluid immersion simulation mattress but neither provided any relief when I lied on my back. I have tried multiple seat cushions and have another seating evaluation in November. I currently use a Roho high profile Quatro Select but I am only able to sit on it for about 15 minutes at a time. It would be nice to be able to sit for an hour or more and then lie on my stomach or back, which is why I want the RSP to enable me to lie on my back.

Thanks,
    Keith

I don't have any experience with that piece of equipment. Sorry. But I wonder what is causing you pain while sitting or lying on your back but not when prone?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Hi, can you provide a link to the product you are talking about? Thanks.
      Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Working...
      X