Van and conversion companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeP2020 View Post
    ...if used one come up it's gone, as expensive as dealers or junk.
    I hear you. I found mine on Craigslist and I was the first one to see the van. Being the first one is key. Otherwise, you'll see only the leftovers. The only way to consistently be the first one to see all the vans on CL requires a text alert. That will transform your search.

Comment

"Thank you all", the information ya'll provided and the video on in/out doorways helped, alot too! I worried about my sitting height. I knew went in/out of CPN Transit vans OK but thinking their's would be larger opening due to being commerical minivan. I know ramp height is pretty steep on it, alot more than one on video.
      Mama and I went ahead with Adaptive Mobility Systems in Tucker, Ga. The price and lesser amount of conversion into van's systems seems like be simpler. Guess we will find out in a few days.
      https://www.adaptivevans.com/
      Prices seem to be pretty good and they deliver by auto carrier.
      BTW: They said only comes with 1 "key" but couple fobs for conversion. Is this normal? Gentleman said had go to Doge dealer to get another key since have be programed. Ya'll ever do that? If don't mind how much does it cost?
      Again,
      Thank you all!
      Mike

Comment

I've bought 2 Dodge Grand Caravans from AMS in Georgia. Both came with 2 sets of keys and ramp fobs.

Comment

Thought let ya'll know we went received our van via vehicle transport from Adaptive Mobility Systems in Tucker, Ga.. Had it now about 2 weeks and have rode in it a few times. Seem to have enough headroom to enter and plenty once inside. Took front passenger seat out and not a fan of the seat slots in floor.
          Having our own transportation came in handy since Transit over here is shut down due to Covid.
          I actually drove van today over to OKC to doctor appointment. Was weird since not drove in about year now.

Never had mini van, only full size with raised roofs. So, wondering where ya'll get your vans washed? What need know to locate place that van go though without problems.
          Thanks!

Comment

Toyota Sienna has no issues with the drive thru car wash nearby. It is a modern clean well maintained facility. Good to be concerned...prevention vs cure. If you don't bottom out on large speed bumps you are probably okay. A good car wash facility manager would understand and be able to help. They don't want you getting stuck either.
            "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
            T5/6 complete

Comment

Working...
            X