Van and conversion companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van and conversion companies?

Wrote awhile back we were in need of a new(at least new to us) van. Local or rather closest dealers just way to high and locally if used one come up it's gone, as expensive as dealers or junk.
    Wonder if anyone heard of or dealt with .Adaptive Mobility Systems? Their prices seems alot better than nearest dealers. Drawback of course is no local shop for repairs. Have go to nearest shop and hope they fix it, course be same spot with anything bought used from individual. Anyone bought one? Thoughts? Ideals?

One other place that we talked with before found the above called AMS(American's Mobility Superstore)? Some of their models I think are the above plus most major brands. Anyone dealt with them?
    Thanks!

Both Rollx and Mobility Works claim to offer used vans. Both list photos/prices online. Don't know if magazine Disabled Dealer is still around and online; they used to list vans.
    I'm not sure where all these sources find the vans they list. Wondering if there's some kind of national clearing house for adapted vans.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
      SCI-Nurse commented
      Editing a comment
      Disabled Dealer is still around: http://www.disableddealer.com/

My parents bought their first modified van through them (used, low mileage), and later sold it through them when buying a new one.

(KLD)

Thanks for the information!

Comment

Thank ya'll! I'll will go give that Disabled Dealer a try.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
        Both Rollx and Mobility Works claim to offer used vans. Both list photos/prices online. Don't know if magazine Disabled Dealer is still around and online; they used to list vans.
        I'm not sure where all these sources find the vans they list. Wondering if there's some kind of national clearing house for adapted vans.
        Hi Mike the one issue with disabled dealer is you have private individuals that are selling vans that really have no idea on what the value is because most are selling because they no longer need the van yet are tied to the use of the van emotionally.

A lot of times those vans are way over priced...

There is a dealer here in Phoenix that has 100's of van used and in good shape. Scott is the sales man and a good guy.

We saved $20,000 on our van plus bought an extended warranty with zero deductible for $3000 which is good for 100,000 miles or 5 years.

They ship all over the US!

Let me know if you need more help...

https://www.azmobilitycenter.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RollinPositive View Post

Hi Mike the one issue with disabled dealer is you have private individuals that are selling vans that really have no idea on what the value is because most are selling because they no longer need the van yet are tied to the use of the van emotionally.

A lot of times those vans are way over priced...

There is a dealer here in Phoenix that has 100's of van used and in good shape. Scott is the sales man and a good guy.

We saved $20,000 on our van plus bought an extended warranty with zero deductible for $3000 which is good for 100,000 miles or 5 years.

They ship all over the US!

Let me know if you need more help...

https://www.azmobilitycenter.com/
          Checked out the link you posted. Noticed some of that company's "Specials" seems to be by Adaptive Mobility Systems like the company posted in original post.
          One of the problems I saw so far is door height. I've never had minivan just fullsize with raised roof so that number looks short. Does look like many are in that height range so maybe just me.
          Anyone have problems with door heights?
          Thanks!
          https://www.azmobilitycenter.com/veh...b1d1afe72a9d61

Comment

What chair do you have and how tall are you?

Never had an issue because most mini vans are 10-12" lowered at the door ramp height.

What city are you in? Can you go to a local dealer and just roll around in the van?

I have both x5 Frontier and Permobil F3 no problems!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmYGwV2ufI
            Last edited by RollinPositive; 29 Sep 2020, 3:13 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9zAnKEneU
              Last edited by RollinPositive; 29 Sep 2020, 3:14 PM.

Comment

What chair do you have and how tall are you?

Never had an issue because most mini vans are 10-12" lowered at the door ramp height.

What city are you in? Can you go to a local dealer and just roll around in the van?

I have both x5 Frontier and Permobil F3 no problems!!
                I'm right at 54" talk in Q6 Edge.
                Still live in Oklahoma and nearest dealer is OKC, think down to 2 dealer again over there.
                Can't get over there since my van lift is toast now.
                Been using local transit, but as far as I'm aware they only go that far for doctor appointments.
                Been getting a good bit of use in the transit's minivans since their big van broke down awhile back. They use BraunAbility with manual ramp. Think door height on their's is higher than 54" by couple inches.
                Mama does the driving since my last fall and wants minivan instead replacing lift in my Sprinter.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP2020 View Post

I'm right at 54" talk in Q6 Edge.
                  Still live in Oklahoma and nearest dealer is OKC, think down to 2 dealer again over there.
                  Can't get over there since my van lift is toast now.
                  Been using local transit, but as far as I'm aware they only go that far for doctor appointments.
                  Been getting a good bit of use in the transit's minivans since their big van broke down awhile back. They use BraunAbility with manual ramp. Think door height on their's is higher than 54" by couple inches.
                  Mama does the driving since my last fall and wants minivan instead replacing lift in my Sprinter.
                  Thanks
                  You are fine if your getting in and out of the dial a ride vans with side ramps!!

We are the same height so just make sure your looking at 10"-12" ramp vans.

Message at RollinPositive@gmail.com

If you need my help email me your price range and I can search for you at Arizona Mobility and I can find out shipping cost to you have an idea what your looking at!

Comment

You are fine if your getting in and out of the dial a ride vans with side ramps!!

We are the same height so just make sure your looking at 10"-12" ramp vans.

Message at RollinPositive@gmail.com

If you need my help email me your price range and I can search for you at Arizona Mobility and I can find out shipping cost to you have an idea what your looking at!
                    Thanks! We still in trying figure our best choice stage at the moment and we do appreciate the kind offer of assistance.

Comment

+1 on Arizona Mobility. Delivered to my door in Wa. state. They work with another shop nearby in Phoenix to install hand controls before shipping it to me.
                      "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                      T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
                        +1 on Arizona Mobility. Delivered to my door in Wa. state. They work with another shop nearby in Phoenix to install hand controls before shipping it to me.
                        that's very cool!!

Comment

also you might look at rolix vans i had just about bought 1 from then when i sold my truck and the para had a van that was perfect foe me so we trade his van plus cash for my truck . i had seen a van on there they deliver to u and u can refuse it if its not what you thought a very small charge though

https://www.rollxvans.com/

Comment

I just got lucky with MobilityWorks. Bought a 2006 Ford Econoline w/ Ricon lift and lowered floor with 20,000 miles for $20k. Price included delivery from LA to United Access in Chandler, AZ where I spent about 5k getting hand controls, EZLock, etc. transferred from my old 2000 van. Full-size vehicles are getting hard to find.
                            Rick Goldstein
                            GO! Mobility Solutions
                            facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Working...
                            X