Clear All

Which one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3675.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	2902820
    Attached Files

None. As a former custom builder, flames are tacky. Their origin comes from the dirt road days. Front paint damage was covered with flames. Most were brushed on by teenagers..
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

• August West
      August West commented
      Editing a comment
      The plumber's faucet is always leaky and the engineer is fed up with technology. LOL

All grey is a safe choice but a boring one. While the vehicle is dated it doesn't have to look that way. Giving it a face life can change it from boring and dated to exciting and retro. Paint, wheels, and tires are a simple step in that direction.

Check this out. I think the black wheels give contrast but the grey wheels with silver trim blend in better but still transform the look.

Name:	IMG_3671b_with_wheels.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	2902824
    Attached Files

Comment

I like the blue flame but if you're gonna go with flames, go all the way. My favorite is the last picture. The black rims look like trying too hard. The flames take it to the edge, and are cool, but with the black rims with silver bolts it's too much for my tastes. I might like the blue flame and bottom rims but that may be not far enough. Flames are meant to be a "Pow"! Blue flames and The black rims might work. It's such a taste thing, those are just thoughts.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

• August West
        August West commented
        Editing a comment
        The concept of black and red with red flames sounds ideal. But when looking at it there's just too much going on. Too busy. Should the eye go to the flame or the wheel? They shouldn't compete. I like the last one too. Because the eye goes to the flame while the wheel blends into the body.

Blue flames are more subtle and aren't begging for attention. But the same problem exists with the blue flames and red wheels - both draw the eye. IMO, there should be one main focus and the rest support it vs compete against it. Hence, I like the second choice better.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do what YOU want. Screw everyone else. I'm not a fan of the rubber band tires. Mine road like a brick and one side way failed in short time. Check the load rating on the tires and remember the passenger side of the van gets a lot of stress.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
          Do what YOU want. Screw everyone else. I'm not a fan of the rubber band tires. Mine road like a brick and one side way failed in short time. Check the load rating on the tires and remember the passenger side of the van gets a lot of stress.
          Those tires aren't really low profile. They're 235/75/15, which equates to 7" sidewall height. I just blew up the wheel diameter in photoshop to see how they'd look. They look great. But in a van there's no performance to be gained and only comfort to be lost so not going with low profile.

Comment

A flame job is not a flame job until it's licking the rear wheel wells! Get a set!
            69yo male T12 complete since 1995
            NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
              A flame job is not a flame job until it's licking the rear wheel wells! Get a set!
              Well, feel free to go full flamer on your ride. Too much of a good thing...
              Attached Files

Comment

Name:	124203541_10224610042824111_5739156300747158479_n.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	2904487 Previous pics were simulations. Here is the actual van.

Comment

tacky looks dumb no class..

Comment

• August West
                    August West commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Canadian aren't supposed to be pricks. That's our job.

Nice Stabbin' Wagon! Wheels still on the list?
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Is it paint or a wrap? Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                      Nice Stabbin' Wagon! Wheels still on the list?

Thanks. These new flame-style wheels to match the flames are going on tomorrow. I wanted one feature to pop, which is the flames. Red wheels would be overpowering and distract from that so I went with black and silver. Red lettering on the tires would be a nice touch. Too bad only General Grabber offers that. Wasn't the right tire for this van. Michelin Defender and Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Plus are the best tires available for this van. I went with the Bridgestones because of the white lettering and Costco knocked off $150 on sale.

Name:	wheels and tires.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	2904501 Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2904502

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                        Is it paint or a wrap? Looks good.
                        Thanks. It's paint. Going to add some blue tips to the flames. Thinking about LED lights and Line-X the running boards.

Comment

Working...
                        X