Nice article about the Bowhead Reach accessible 'mountain bike'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice article about the Bowhead Reach accessible 'mountain bike'

I've owned 2 chairs designed by Christian Bagg, both were incredibly innovative in many ways. This is a mainstream media article about his latest project. Fantastic this is on the front page of a national news network. What a piece of equipment.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business-...ed-orig-kj.cnn

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Those things are very impressive. I wish I had somewhere where I lived to ride it to its full potential.

Comment

Looks like it was shot at Whistler British Columbia. Any idea of cost? Couldn't find any mention on the website.

Comment

It's in the "if you have to ask you probably can't afford it!" category.

Just kidding, I found it under Products and Accessories section of bowheadcorp.com.

Its pricey: $14,999USD for the base bike. Goes up from there with accessories and options. Looks like an easy $20k is possible with taxes and all the cool upgrades.

They claim to have 200 orders on the books!

(That's $30,000,000+ in revenue. Wow!!! Good for him. He's been inventing mobility gear for us for decades now. Hopefully this is his huge payoff. He deserves it IMO.)
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

But, frankly, all I see when I picture myself on one of those things is a para trying to become a quad! It's damn cool but imma leave it to the younger generations. I'm 'Once bitten, twice shy' when it comes to bikes. Especially fast ones!

Comment

I agree; the days of trying to prove "it's only a flesh wound" are over. I'll stick with my Freedom Ryder w Power Pod and Strycker.

Comment

I've bought last winter the Jeetrike from Sport-On. As I'm already a quad, I don't have to worry when I capsize (did it 7/8 times or more ! I don't remember…) I'm also young enough (57) to have fun with it… And as it is really a mountain bike, I mean you have to crank it, I keep my arms as strong as possible … Go for it guys !
              JEETRIKE Off-Road Handcycle, has an upright seating position, rear wheel drive, full independent suspension on all three wheels and manual or electric drive option to choose. Thanks to completely new 4-link suspension, we were able to achieve really short wheelbase to increase the rear wheel grip and the frame stiffnes
              C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
              my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
              Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

Working...
              X