Wheelchair-Scooter Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair-Scooter Board

I just ordered a 3 wheeled 350W scooter for $175 off eBay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLOSEOUT-MA...dc36%7Ciid%3A1

There's a wheelchair-scooter group on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2846852245343967

Previously I "scored" a Segway scooter for $350 but it needed to be moving 1.8mph for the motor to engage, so worthless for a wheelchair app.
    I was able to sell it for purchase price.

It will be here soon and I'll report, but seems a bunch of gimps are happy with this one.
    If you want to examine one, Walmart has them for $250.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

can/t wait but is it not more for para kinda like that guy pop a lock or something

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
      can/t wait but is it not more for para kinda like that guy pop a lock or something
      We shall see! My hope is to make it a unicycle with quick attachment like Firefly.
      NW NJ

Comment

I'll be very interested to see your work. I'm also in this group. The KDX is a bargain, but I think it's not for a quad.
        C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
        my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
        Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

If an engineer could devise a lightweight "quick connect" system, this would be awesome! I'm thinking something along the lines of a spring loaded closure.

Comment

This thing is great! So much more fun than the ZX-1 which is like a tow truck compared to this. (I DID pull 100lb crates of rocks with the ZX-1; it's excellent for that!) This runs down the road quickly, reputedly >20mph. it's great to move along @10mph and steer like a bike and have a throttle like a quad-racer! Takes very little time to mount up. When I get some time I'll post up a video. Needs an aux brake! Working on that.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3564.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	622.6 KB
ID:	2903475 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3573.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	2903474
            NW NJ

Comment

That's super cool. Love to see more about how you mounted that thing and put it all together. (With all the usual "don't try this at home kids" disclaimers!)
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

The "brake" on this thing is pathetic. I can't call it a brake. Given the velocity it wants to go, and how energetically it coasts down hills, an effective brake was necessary before any more time behind the wheel (literally).
                I was going to use hinges but decided hasps were more suited. Now I really can lock my brakes
                It works great. It easily stalls the motor at full throttle and in the 30 foot run in the shop at 2AM, it stops real well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E7772D51-5A8C-4BE4-92A1-C206F4C2D77D.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	2903612
                Did you hear about the cheapskate's sportscar? Stops on a dime.............................................. and picks it up )
                NW NJ

Comment

• nonoise
                  nonoise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had to log in just to compliment you on being a genius.

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                That's super cool. Love to see more about how you mounted that thing and put it all together. (With all the usual "don't try this at home kids" disclaimers!)
                but when it come to that sort of thing he rocks it

Comment

Working...
                X