Low aux battery warning in my van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low aux battery warning in my van

Do I need to pay a conversion place to replace it or can it be done by a friend?
    My GoPro videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J...L-yxxXsTXJuKlg

I have an older VMI van and it is easily replaced. I think mine is about the size of a motorcycle battery. You can also try charging it if it's not too old, but replacing it is usually required once the alarm starts coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sit-N-Fly View Post
      I have an older VMI van and it is easily replaced. I think mine is about the size of a motorcycle battery. You can also try charging it if it's not too old, but replacing it is usually required once the alarm starts coming in.
      Thank you. Do you know where I might be able to buy one?

Comment

I got the last one I installed at Walmart. If you have someone that can get the specs off your existing battery (dimensions, amp-hour rating if possible), you could probably order one on line given the current virus situation.

Comment

My other question, is the aux battery just a backup or will my lift not work if the aux battery dies?

Comment

How old is your van? My new 2019 Chrysler had tha aux battery go on. Was more of computer problem and many visits to the Chrysler dealer. One of the suggestions was to open the drivers side door before I start the van. There is an extra relay or something that goes wonky if it doesn't register the door has been open and closed. Chrysler had to write up a new program for it because of the changes Braun did.

If you've had it for a while then the aux. is probably in need of changing. I

Comment

Originally posted by dontevergiveup View Post
              My other question, is the aux battery just a backup or will my lift not work if the aux battery dies?
              The aux battery is for the sure deploy backup system. Your lift should work fine unless your main battery dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                How old is your van? My new 2019 Chrysler had tha aux battery go on. Was more of computer problem and many visits to the Chrysler dealer. One of the suggestions was to open the drivers side door before I start the van. There is an extra relay or something that goes wonky if it doesn't register the door has been open and closed. Chrysler had to write up a new program for it because of the changes Braun did.

If you've had it for a while then the aux. is probably in need of changing. I
                My van is a 2010, I changed the battery years ago so probably needs a new one. I will try the door trick.

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

The aux battery is for the sure deploy backup system. Your lift should work fine unless your main battery dies.
                  My main battery is new so that's goo to know. Do you know if there is a way to turn off the battery warning, it's quite annoying. I'd rather not spend the money for a battery at the moment.

Comment

My main battery is new so that's goo to know. Do you know if there is a way to turn off the battery warning, it's quite annoying. I'd rather not spend the money for a battery at the moment.
                    Battery warning? Is it beeping after you turn the van on? Mine was beeping so we replaced the battery and it stopped. If it is the battery beeping I'm not sure if you can disconnect it instead of replacing it. You can try and disconnect it and see if the ramp still works.

Comment

My van is a 2010, I changed the battery years ago so probably needs a new one. I will try the door trick.
                      Being that old, I doubt the door trick will help. It's these new 2018 on up that are tricky with all the comps. on board then added conversion comp.. Yours probably just needs a new auz battery.

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

Battery warning? Is it beeping after you turn the van on? Mine was beeping so we replaced the battery and it stopped. If it is the battery beeping I'm not sure if you can disconnect it instead of replacing it. You can try and disconnect it and see if the ramp still works.
                        Yes on my control panel, it says low aux battery and a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I guess I will have to replace the battery sometime.

Comment

Yes on my control panel, it says low aux battery and a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I guess I will have to replace the battery sometime.
                          Yeah I would just replace it..

Comment

Working...
                          X